Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:55 PM   #1

Default Hot Water Heater Help Needed

I need a pressure release vaulve for my 1984 hilo camper or a manual thank u for your help

Aubrey5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Aubrey, welcome to the forum! I moved your post to its own thread in this section, because your issue is not related to the holding tanks in the trailer.

Have you looked for a manual in this section? https://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f66/ And, if you can't find it there, you may be able to find a manual online if you can determine the brand and possibly the model number of your water heater.

I think an RV parts source, such as etrailer.com might have the part you need too. They have a site that is pretty easy to navigate and I've found their prices to be appropriate. Something like the hot water heater pressure release valve is generic, and you should be able to find it almost everywhere. For all I know, it's the same as the ones you find on home hot water heaters, but I'd check an RV supply source first.

- Jack

Old 12-23-2020, 07:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Aubrey, welcome to the forum! I moved your post to its own thread in this section, because your issue is not related to the holding tanks in the trailer.

Have you looked for a manual in this section? https://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f66/ And, if you can't find it there, you may be able to find a manual online if you can determine the brand and possibly the model number of your water heater.

I think an RV parts source, such as etrailer.com might have the part you need too. They have a site that is pretty easy to navigate and I've found their prices to be appropriate. Something like the hot water heater pressure release valve is generic, and you should be able to find it almost everywhere. For all I know, it's the same as the ones you find on home hot water heaters, but I'd check an RV supply source first.

- Jack
Yes the pressure release valve is generic but has 1/2” threads most home water heaters have 3/4” threads
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:28 PM   #4
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

I was able to find a pressure relief valve at Valu Home Center. It is a common part for mobile homes.Now that you know the size you can try local hardware stores.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:39 PM   #5
Site Team

How about this one? https://www.amazon.com/10423-Tempera.../dp/B0006IX8AU

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote