Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #1

Default Shower faucet leak

The 1994 FL I recently purchased had a leak at the shower faucet. The dealer replaced the faucet when he checked it over but when i got it it still leaked. I thought it was the hose so I went back and they gave me a new hose.
Still leaked. I removed the hose and placed my finger over the hole and turned on the faucet it leaks from a small hole below where the hose attaches. Is this normal? What is this hole for? I have since mounted the faucets over top of the shower curtain and sealed it so the faucet and hose are inside the shower curtain.

Harry

wvjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #2

Default shower head leak

The whole at the base of the faucet is normal. It prevents the shower head from cyphoning bath water back into your drinking water if you leave it in the tub.
Sam

Sam Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #3

That makes sense Sam. should this leak water though when the shower is on? it runs down the wall and onto the tub and then to the floor. Thanks

Harry
Old 04-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #4

Default shower faucet leak

Yes, the leak gets bigger if the faucet is on and the shower head is off, presure build up. I used cylcone to direct the water back into the tub in my trailer to keep from making a mess in the floor. If you are carefull you can direct the water and not look bad.
Sam
Old 04-18-2010, 08:26 PM   #5

Sam thanks for the explanation. New to RVing and am learning as i go. What is cyclone? This really shouldn't be a prob now that I put the shower curtain in behind the faucet and sealed around it. the water will go down the drain. Again thanks for your help and patience with the newbie questions.

Harry
Old 04-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #6

Default shower faucet leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjeepr View Post
Sam thanks for the explanation. New to RVing and am learning as i go. What is cyclone? This really shouldn't be a prob now that I put the shower curtain in behind the faucet and sealed around it. the water will go down the drain. Again thanks for your help and patience with the newbie questions.

Harry
Sorry I am not good at spelling. I was trying to advise you to seal the area to force the water into the tub
Sam