Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
MTB

Post Water Pump Leaks 1992

How can I make sure that it is my water pump that is leaking ? I only see water on the floor when I have the hot water heater on. I see water marks on the cover that surrounds the tank. I own a 1992 Hi Lo

MTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #2

I don't understand what it is that you're seeing/explaning but what comes to mind is ?

Condensation?

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTB View Post
How can I make sure that it is my water pump that is leaking ? I only see water on the floor when I have the hot water heater on. I see water marks on the cover that surrounds the tank. I own a 1992 Hi Lo
In am not sure exactly what you are referring to, but here are some suggestions.

A bit of pressure builds up in water heaters when they are operating. Turn it on and and let it run for 30 minutes or so. Check the lines going in and out for leaks. Also check the drain plug and the relief valve up front. Relief valves sometimes leak as a result of small particles caught in them. Opening and closing the valve a few times by pulling on the handle often cures this. Caution, if the heater is on, the water coming out of the valve will be very hot. If the leak is coming from the valve, and doing the above won't fix it, it's time for a new one. You don't necessarily need an RV heater valve, but you need to make sure that the relief temperature and pressure on the new valve matches the old one. This information is usually located on a metal tag on the valve.

Good luck.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote