Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #1

Default 12 volt fuse box on a 1981 funchaser

i need to konw where the 12vlot fuse box is in a 1981 hilo funchaser

silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #2

Not sure when Hi-Lo started installing fuse boxes, or boards, but older Hi-Lo's had only a couple of in-line fuses.

Does your rig have the external multi-wire coil that routes 12 VDC to the upper trailer half? If yes, check for an in-line fuse around the tongue before the wires enter the junction box that connects the coil to the trailer frame.

Jim

2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDoering View Post
Not sure when Hi-Lo started installing fuse boxes, or boards, but older Hi-Lo's had only a couple of in-line fuses.

Does your rig have the external multi-wire coil that routes 12 VDC to the upper trailer half? If yes, check for an in-line fuse around the tongue before the wires enter the junction box that connects the coil to the trailer frame.

Jim
is this why none of my square lights work
bluewindsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #4

Sue,
If you're referring to the tail lights and running lights, I don't remember there being any in-line fusing in any of those wires. Any problems I've EVER had with those lights involved not having a proper ground connection. The in-line fuse I was referring to is in the wire running from TV alternator to trailer battery.

On one of your inoperative lights, run a temporary wire from the neg. terminal of the light, to the lower trailer frame, making sure you touch the wire to bare metal. See if the light comes on when the switch is turned on. If it does the problem is in the grounding.

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 05-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #5

No i meant the interior lights that are in the bathroom and over the counter and table
Old 05-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #6
sam

Default Interior lights not working

Tell me again what year is your HiLo.I'll will have my hubby tell me what to look for tomorrow. I'm exhausted from 6hrs.of mowing in 75degree heat. We called It "aqua mowing" the worst in 29 yrs. The forecast is for rain every day for the next seven days. Got to spend a little time in the HiLo today. We mow with a walk behind John Deer. Anyway we lost all our interior lts.so we will be able to give you a few things to check.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #7

87 22 foot funchaser
Old 05-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #8

Hi Sue,

Sorry, I don't think I can help you here. Your Hi-Lo is just too new for me to reference to my Bon Voyage. My older rig doesn't have the interior lights that yours has.

Perhaps a contributor with a late 80's Hi-Lo can help.

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 05-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #9

Default Locating 12v fuse block

Hello,
I just experienced the same thing with my 92 22ft--the owners manual said it was located in one of the forward cabinets, but after 2hrs. searching, I found it in the bathroom cabinet that you can flip the top open and hang clothes. IT was a metal box, and flips open from the top. It contains several 15 amp fuses and all the ceiling lights are on those various fuses. My a/c plug box is very near the same location. Hope this helps you.
jim Rohr
wvbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
sam

Default Trying to restore power to interior lights.

Bluewindsue, This is what my husband advises. Do what Jm Doering suggested in his #2&#4 post. Next you can check for blown fuses in the converter box. My 90 Classic 25ft. has the converter under the couch. Pull out fuses and reinsert. Slight the fuses could be loose. The problem could be a broken wire in the spiral cable. Could be a bad ground. My heart goes out to you and I wish I lived closer so hubby could make a house call to help you. Keep us posted on your progress. Sam
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #11

My 84 is also dead in the back!!! help!!! all the back lights in the INSIDE are no go.. any ideas? apparently theres a fuse inside the converter.. but i havnt a clue! i need help! i want to really sit down this weekend when i have her out and run thru all the paces of this bad boy! its my new baby! and my new project!!!! all the lights in the galley and dining area work just fine (PLAN ON SWITCHING ALL MY LIGHTS TO LEDS!!! cause i wanna boondock soon!)
but i need help for my aft! my fan doesnt work in the shower area either! help!!!!

CJ
cactusjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #12

Default Fuse location

I have a funchaser (85) and the fuses are inside the front panel of the converter. There are 4 fuses in mine - and they are not labeled. My lights were out and I replaced the fuse with one from O'Reily's that matched amps. Just remove the screw at the top of the panel and replace.
kto1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #13

i checked that!!! it wasnt any of them! it was only for the internal lights SOOO... i said screw it and am pulling the lights and replacing with taplights that run on batteries.. SO i can see if they work.. WORST case scenario... i may run wire from the light next to my sink and redo some lighting to the aft with LED tap lights (non battery) since i am looking to replacing all my lights with LEDs for the purpose of ease of boondocking.. SO.. i also am a lucky one since the old owner has EVERY SINGLE book on EVERYTHING!!!! so i may have to check them out too!!!

cactusjack is offline   Reply With Quote