Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #1

Unhappy 1992 Hilo

I have a electrical short in my interior light fuse blows as soon as I try to put new one in. I have traced the wires to behind refrigerator then they go into wall and i think run beside the tub but i can't seem to find exactly where they end to run a new wire. Does any one have any suggestions? Are they part of the Tail lights? Thanks Phoebe

Phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
I have a electrical short in my interior light fuse blows as soon as I try to put new one in. I have traced the wires to behind refrigerator then they go into wall and i think run beside the tub but i can't seem to find exactly where they end to run a new wire. Does any one have any suggestions? Are they part of the Tail lights? Thanks Phoebe
See if this helps.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f51/...g-diagram-113/

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCREYES View Post
Or this one.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f51/...ry-wiring-116/
Old 11-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

All wires for the top section run down thru the cloth covered bundle which is usually in the back of the trailer, but actual location depends on the length of the trailer. Interior lights are not part of the tail lights but probably run to the rear in the same wire bundle. The wiring diagrams are similar and some run behind the fridg then into the bottom of the cabinets, under the tub and then to the cloth covered bundle. This is where they are in the 21-22 ft trailers with the couch in the front, trailers with the couch on the side are different.
You should post your year, model, length and where the couch is located, then someone can better help you.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #5

Thumbs up 1992 Hilo

Thanks so much for your Help..I will try posting the model which is 26BR (I think) new to this and with winter setting in I'm trying to get this done..I will continue my search for more information.
Phoebe
Old 11-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #6

Phoebe,
You still haven't posted you model, length and couch position, there were 2 models I believe in 1992 and different lengths also I believe there were different couch positions, per model and length. I know there was in 95, these things determine where the wires were placed.
If you are sure it runs behind the fridge the wire should be on the floor in the back of the cabinets, it is in my 95 21 ft. with front couch. It then goes thru the bath wall and under the tub, then behind the toilet into the closet and then up thru the cloth covered wire bundle. There are wire nuts in the bath closet on each wire and it should not be hard to find the wire for a specific light or lights.
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
Old 11-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #7

thanks so much for your patience the hilo is a 1992 26 ft with the couch on the side of trailer in the front and queen bed to the rear as I follow the wiring from the fuse that won't stop blowing fuses it runs behind the frig and into a side wall headed towards the back of the trailer but I can't seem to find where it ends would like to run a new wire Phoebe
Old 11-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #8

When I said in back of the cabinets, sorry I meant inside the cabinets, open the cabinet door next to the fridge and see if the wires are in there, all the way to the back of the cabinet, on the floor or up under the shelf.
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
Old 11-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
thanks so much for your patience the hilo is a 1992 26 ft with the couch on the side of trailer in the front and queen bed to the rear as I follow the wiring from the fuse that won't stop blowing fuses it runs behind the frig and into a side wall headed towards the back of the trailer but I can't seem to find where it ends would like to run a new wire Phoebe
Another thing to check is to make sure you have the right amp fuse. I found that out on the rare ocassion that I use my truck horn. I held it and all of a sudden it stopped. I found the fuse blown, so I replaced it with the same thing that was in it. I tried the horn again with a short beep and it worked find. I laid into it and it blew the fuse again. I decided to read the fuse box cover and there it was, wrong amp fuse was installed. Sometime the obvious slaps us in the face.