Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #1

Default No Upper Lights or 12v Water Pump

I was replacing a bulb in one of the upper lights (the ones with the lamp shades) and lost all upper lighting in the trailer. the lights at the front on the wall above the couch, the lights mounted on the ends of the upper cabinets and the 12v water pump... i looked in the panel where the circuit breaker is but there are no 12v fuses. I know there has to be 12v fuses somewhere. But for the life of me I can not find them!!! HELP!!!

MFSEMONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:32 PM   #2

Welcome Matthew to the HiLo family & forum. Now for your 12v problem. Some of the older units had 12v fuses installed in the converter. Some had a separate fuse box (with a cover lid) screwed to the floor close to the circuit breaker panel. My ‘95 HiLo had the 12v fuse box installed inside the wardrobe on the upper wall. There are also 12v circuit breakers located close to the battery. They are rectangular in shape with two threaded posts. Some of them have a tiny black button to reset them. Good luck and happy hunting! Keep us posted.

Bob

retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #3

The 15 amp fuses on my 1990 model are located under the couch at the front of the trailer, along with the water pump. Door on left under couch drops down. Need to make sure the prongs ( one or two connector ) on bottom of new replacement bulb match what came out of the light fixture.
Freddiefreeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:04 PM   #4

Hi MF;

It looks like it would be helpful to know the year and model of your Hi-Lo.

In my 1999 22L Classic, the 12 volt fuse panel is in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. Be sure to replace with the same size fuse. Also, those lights with the shades use a bulb with two contacts on the bottom, whereas the other lights use a bulb with a single contact. If you try to put a bulb with a single contact in the light with the shade, that one contact will touch both wire connections, resulting in a direct short and burning out the fuse. So once you get the fuse replaced, be sure you have the correct bulb, or it will happen again!

When you look back little things like this seem obvious. But it seems like we all have to make a few such mistakes once ... I did the same thing. I was replacing all the lights with LED's and didn't realize I needed two different kinds.
Roger
McKesh Mirrors
Andersen Hitch
anchorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #5

I learned about those bulbs when helping my Hi-Lo dealer friend. The ones in the fixtures were double contact type. Pull a bulb from one of the fixtures and get the number from it. They are not automotive bulbs.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #6

That may be a 1004 bulb.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote