Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #1

Default Replace Bath Vent with 14x14 Hatch?

Has anyone ever replaced their old 6.5 inch powered bath vent with a 14x14? I'm installing an air conditioner in the old 14" hole and I thought I might replace the non-working bath vent with it in my '84. Does anyone know if the roof frame on the '84s is wood or steel? I am sure I'll find out when I take the old hatch out, but I thought I'd see if anyone has done this before and been through the steep part of the learning curve? CAMP ON!

Enchantedcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #2

Enchanted Camper,
Speaking for myself, your question would be a lot easier to answer if you included a picture of your bathroom vent. I am somewhat confused by the 6.5" vent size. My 1969 has a round bath vent and fan that is about 6" (maybe 6.5) in diameter. But I would have thought that by 1984, Hi-Lo would have gone to a more modern set-up.
Jim

2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #3

Is the old fan still in? Take it out and replace the bearings and it'll work again, I know i'll be doing that soon with mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantedcamper View Post
Has anyone ever replaced their old 6.5 inch powered bath vent with a 14x14? I'm installing an air conditioner in the old 14" hole and I thought I might replace the non-working bath vent with it in my '84. Does anyone know if the roof frame on the '84s is wood or steel? I am sure I'll find out when I take the old hatch out, but I thought I'd see if anyone has done this before and been through the steep part of the learning curve? CAMP ON!
dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote