Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:13 AM   #1

Default replacement bulbs

hi
Who can give me a good recommendation about the LED fixtures. Can I install new LED bulbs in the current fixtures? Or to replace the fixtures too? I do not like how my battery works, so I thought that the new bulbs will need less energy. It may help not to drain the battery so much.

davidmcphearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmcphearson View Post
hi
Who can give me a good recommendation about the LED fixtures. Can I install new LED bulbs in the current fixtures? Or to replace the fixtures too? I do not like how my battery works, so I thought that the new bulbs will need less energy. It may help not to drain the battery so much.
Yes, you can install LED bulbs in the current fixtures, that's what I did. All you have to do is make sure the bulbs you get are 12V, and that the base of the bulb matches the ones you are replacing.

I got mine online from superbrightleds.com. They give good information on the color, brightness and "coverage" of their bulbs and their prices are good. Look for SMD type bulbs, they are brighter and more reliable in my opinion.

- Jack

Old 11-23-2015, 12:14 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
hi
Welcome to the forum. They make direct replacement LED's. Shop around for the best price and tint. Here's a link that will help you get started. (I need to get started myself. Changing the bulbs is on my to do list!)

https://www.superbrightleds.com/?utm...LEDs+-+General
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #4

I replaced all my lights (inside & out) with L.E.D. bulbs. I got them from M4 Products. Great people to work with and super fast shipping.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:53 PM   #5

Quote:
hi
Hi David,

It will definitely help with your energy use! I replaced most, but not all of the bulbs in my trailer. I have a digital meter that plugs into the 12V outlet and which monitors the batteries voltage. It's amazing the difference I see when I turn on an LED light versus the original incandescent bulbs! They are more efficient than the fluorescent fixture as well. Take the plunge, you won't regret it!
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydog671 View Post
Hi David,

It will definitely help with your energy use! I replaced most, but not all of the bulbs in my trailer. I have a digital meter that plugs into the 12V outlet and which monitors the batteries voltage. It's amazing the difference I see when I turn on an LED light versus the original incandescent bulbs! They are more efficient than the fluorescent fixture as well. Take the plunge, you won't regret it!
Great, thanks. I made a solution to change all my bulbs. I will use the old fixtures. However, for the outdoor light i will have to spend more and take a new fixture. Possibly this https://www.mrosupply.com/lighting/l..._rab-lighting/ Currently I do not have any light outdoors. My family members used to take the gas lantern, but I want to install the good Led fixture.
davidmcphearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #7

I got these 13LED bulbs from amazon, 15$ for 20!

They have a warm color, but are not quite as bright as the stock halogen. The 18LED bulbs would surly be just as bright or brighter.

I'll take the dimmer light for better efficiency personally.

Photos of the LED and Stock side by side.

Amazon.com: YITAMOTOR 20 X 1156 BA15S 13-SMD 5050 Car RV Warm White LED Backup Reverse Light Bulbs 1141: Automotive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7512.jpg (97.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7513.jpg (113.2 KB, 3 views)

montana is offline   Reply With Quote