Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #1

Question Switches

New owner of a 2805C ... the RED switches on the side of the refrigerator where the indicator lights are for the tanks??? On / Off not marked and I do not have an owners manual and do not know where else to get information on these ... not real sure what a couple of them do, ie: solar ?? ... Previous owner not reachable.

Thanks for any words of wisdom in advance ...
Wayne

HI-LO 2805 C
2007 Gold Wing
Time Out Camper
kalohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Site Team

You MIGHT be looking at the switches that control the hot water heater (if there are two of them). In my case there is a "fault light" between them that comes on if the gas fails to light. They are also labeled with a lightning bolt icon for the electric heater and a gas flame icon for the gas.

Mine were not labeled ON/OFF either, so I added labels on each side for that. I think if the switch is pushed in at the top, it is ON.

- Jack

Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalohe View Post
New owner of a 2805C ... the RED switches on the side of the refrigerator where the indicator lights are for the tanks??? On / Off not marked and I do not have an owners manual and do not know where else to get information on these ... not real sure what a couple of them do, ie: solar ?? ... Previous owner not reachable.

Wayne
The tank indicators are marked by capacity of the tank. Switch may be for pump. Check out the reference library and find an owners manual close to your year as they didn't change much between years. Also, check out the video manual in the library.

Hi-Lo Owners Manual - Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #4

If they are the switches for the water heater do not switch them on if the water heater tank is not filled. With the flame lit, you can damage the tank. With the electric on, you can and will burn up the electric heat element.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalohe View Post

Wayne
I have a 2805C so if you have the same panel here are the functions. FYI there is no information in the 2004/2005 owners manual on the panel.
First the top row. left switch, monitor test. Next switch to the right; refrigerator fan. This turns on a fan that helps cool the frig coils when its hot outside. Next switch to right; solar panel, turns on the solar panel and helps keep the battery charged. Not very powerful, just better than nothing.
Bottom row: red switch bottom left; Ac power to the hot water heater. Next red switch to right; DSI water heater switch; turns on the propane gas function on the hot water heater. Don't know what DSI stands for. Next switch to right is the water pump; turns on the 12V water pump when not on a city water. As RichR said do not turn on either hot water switch if the hot water heater is not full of water and the air purged out. If you need any other info just ask. Hope you plan on coming to the HiLo rally in June. Well worth the trip.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #6

Here is what DSI is: What Does DSI Mean in an RV Water Heater? | eHow.com

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote