Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #1

Default Tank monitor panel

I just bought a 22.5 (23?) ft 1995 TL. I am in the process of repairing a few things so that my wife and I (and the dog) can take it out this coming weekend. I just realized that I don't see any type of tank monitor panel anywhere in the trailer. Is there some hidden place I should look? Surely I don't have to wait for the toilet or shower to back up to know that the tanks are full. Any ideas?

Towlighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #2

Towlighter -

Our 2201TL has the panel on the right side (on cabinet) of the refridgerator. It's hard for me to imagine that it wouldn't have had one. If it's been removed you should be able to tell where it was. I don't know what other locations Hi-Lo might have used, I'm sure other HTF members will help.

I think your length is going to be 22, I believe that 23 is only a more recent size for Hi-Lo. If you can locate the model number on it, then you'll know the size.

For example, our 2201TL, 22 = 22 feet long, 01 = year model 2001, TL = Towlight

Hi-Lo haven't always had this system, I'm not sure of the year that this started. That would be an interesting thing to research.

Neal

Old 04-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #3

Default Monitor panel

Some of the Towlite's were made with out a monitor system for the tanks, as this was a option on Towlite's and some dealers ordered them with out any extras to get the lest expensive trailer possable. So they could advertise a low low price and then sell up. eventuly the cheep unit got sold.
Sam
Sam Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #4

Thanks again Sam. Did you work for or sell HiLo's at one time? You seem to have all the answers I'm looking for.

Neal, that's where I thought it would be...from the pictures I've seen. I'm going to crawl underneath the trailer and see if I can see any of the sensors on the tanks. Hmm... ...on second thought, maybe I'll just take a look under the front couch at the fresh water tank instead. There may be an aftermarket tank monitor set up in our future.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #5

Default reply

Yes, I was a service mgr. for over 20 years and part owner of a dealership. We sold and serviced Hi-Lo,s and 20 other brands, but the Hi-Lo is my trailer of choice, for many reasons.

They are one of the best built trailers made, the ability to fold down, and the most important reason is the Hi-Lo company from the owner and all his suport staft that are comitted to customer satisification. They will make sure you are a happy camper and Jim the owner is the only major RV manuficaturer of RV's that I know who ownes the product and enjoys going camping with the customers.

Yes I am sold on the Hi-Lo product and have owned the product since my 1982 21' Funlite to my current 1999 Hi-Lo 29b. That I bought before my retirement.

Sam Shields
Sam Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:54 AM   #6

Again Sam, many thanks. We are all fortunate to have you here.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #7

Default tank monitor panel

Howdy...

I have 1994 26' HiLo trailer...

our tank monitor panel is not working - any advice?

Refrigator is running fine but no red light on the ref monitor panel on bottom of the refrigator? any suggestions to replace or repair?

Nick
nicklefors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #8

Default tank monitor

Thanks SAM, I'm still learning as I'm repairing items on my trailer.

My 1997 21TL (towlite) did not come with a tank monitor. My tanks are only 15 gallons each.

I've learned over the 5yrs since having trailer about when the tanks get full.

campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote