Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #1

Default Air Conditioning Power Cord in 1707T (2007)

HELP - we bought a used 1707T and love it, but never had to use the AC until now. We are living in it for the week while our son is at an out of town camp the temp is above 100! I can't find the power cord to plug it in anywhere. Please help if you know.

Thanks, Mike

DaKaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKaZ View Post
HELP - we bought a used 1707T and love it, but never had to use the AC until now. We are living in it for the week while our son is at an out of town camp the temp is above 100! I can't find the power cord to plug it in anywhere. Please help if you know.

Thanks, Mike
Look towards the rear of the trailer. There shoud be a round cover with the cord inside...at least that's where mine is at.

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKaZ View Post

Thanks, Mike
Mike,

To add a bit of information to what rcreyes told you, on our Hi Lo, the round cover is to the left of the medicine cabinet in the bath room [upper section]. The cord is 'stuffed' into the cover when not in use. The plug-in for the AC is on the wall side of our clothes closet. It has [should have] a ground fault reset-able circuit breaker on it that the cord plugs into. If you are not careful, you will hit the "test" button with one of the prongs when you blindly try to plug it in and your AC will not work until you reset it. Don't forget to remove the cord and store it before you let the top down.

Jerry Curtis
2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Site Team

Guys, I have the same trailer, a 1707T and the AC is always plugged in. I believe it gets its power through the chords inside the cloth "tube" right next to the stink pipe in the bathroom. They do not have to be connected or disconnected when raising or lowering the top.

If your AC in your trailer is not working, DaK, are you plugged in to shore power of sufficient Amperage? It needs 30 Amps, and I've had mine pop the campground circuit breaker in the (very hot) camp at Camp Verde in Arizona when we stayed there.

- Jack
Old 07-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Jack & Janet, and Mike,

I stand corrected. We have owned ]3] Hi Lo's and everyone of them had to be plugged in at the rear. I was unaware that there are some that are hard-wired.

That being the case, DaKaZ should thoroughly check his AC Circuit Panel. If he/she is unfamiliar with the way circuit breakers reset, I would suggest they find the AC circuit that is designated AC or Air Conditioner; if the circuit has blown, they must reset it. This is accomplished by moving the circuit breaker switch one way or the other [depending on if it is located on the left or right side of the panel], then move it in the opposite direction to reset it. It will have a clicking sound like cocking a pistol once it has been reset.

Good luck.

Jerry Curtis 2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
Site Team

The circuit breaker panel is at the lower right side of the refrigerator, DaK. Under the left corner of the "couch". I've not had any problems with those popping, but I did open all of them trying to find a current draw when everything was supposedly "off".

- Jack
JackandJanet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #7

Thanks for all the help everyone. I should have posted sooner but thanks to the videos that were posted and linked from the forums, we found the power cord behind the shower curtain in the bathroom. Thankfully we got a few nights of cooling in before leaving the powered campground. All is good!
DaKaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Site Team

And I should correct something. The AC power cord is NOT in the cloth tube, but it comes out of a round access in the rear wall and goes down to the bottom opening under the bathroom sink counter. It does not have to be unplugged when not in use and the shower curtain would hide it.

- Jack
JackandJanet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
And I should correct something. The AC power cord is NOT in the cloth tube, but it comes out of a round access in the rear wall and goes down to the bottom opening under the bathroom sink counter. It does not have to be unplugged when not in use and the shower curtain would hide it.

- Jack
My AC cord is supposed to be unplugged and put back in it's wall hide away before I lower the top.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

I've always left mine plugged in until recently and never had a problem. Now I unplug and store just to be on the safe side.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

There was a lady on the forum that left hers plugged in and the cord got under the bath facet when down and when she raised the top it ripped the box out of the wall which caused wall damage. The factory would not have spent the extra money for a box, if they felt it was not necessary to store it. I left mine plugged in one time and it got caught between the seal and the trailer, left a bunch of scuff marks on the seal and the cord. I will store mine.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #12

The cord on our 1996 must be unplugged and stored otherwise it would be pinched when lowering trailer as it comes across from bathroom wall to wardrobe closet outlet. Kind of crazy design if you ask me. On the 2004 it can be left plugged in if you so choose but we unplug it because we got use to doing it in the 1996.

DebW is offline   Reply With Quote