Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

At the post bottom click on (Go Advanced) then click the (paper clip icon) at the top, the attachment window will open, then click (browse) go to where you have the picture in your computer, click on it then click open, it will now be on the attachment window, then click (Upload) it may take a bit but will show up, at this point you can repete the process and upload more pictures, one at a time. When done click on (Close) at the top right of the attachment window. Then click (Submit Reply) at the post bottom, pictures will automatically be loaded to the post.
Almost forgot you have to scan or load the pics to your computer first.

(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #22

Default AC leaks

Rich,
Hopefully the pictures will be loaded. I used corrugated plastic that was used to ship a flat screen TV but any plastic should work as long as it is thick enough for strength yet flexible enough to mold to the channel. As I stated earlier, I used rope caulk to jam in the channel to hold the plastic in place and fill the hole where the wiring bundle must go through the plastic. I made the leading edge twice as tall (2") as the trailing edge (1"). Another problem I had with this air conditioner was the noise. It was much louder than the previous Jacco's AC. I first thought that was caused by the metal roof on the HI-LO as opposed by the fiberglass roof on the Jayco. But it just got louder with use. After the HI-LO rally in June I pulled off the cover and discovered the bottom bolt that goes through the motor housing was not secured to a support brace on the bottom of the AC's pan. This allowed the motor to bounce around and vibrate. There was a nut on the bolt that protruded through the brace but it had backed off. I removed the nut and added a lock washer, reinstalled the nut, cinched it down and now the AC is as quiet as one should expect from a roof mounted AC. Hope the pictures show up. Beach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1392.jpg (83.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1396.jpg (91.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1395.jpg (89.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0874.jpg (93.4 KB, 54 views)

Dee Tillotson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Pictures are great, and I can see the problem, Mine didn't leak after I moved the thermostat tube, not sure what that had to do with anything but it immediately stopped dripping for over a year but on our last trip it dripped again. Thanks, now I know what to do. Opening it up on a non humid day would make the problem hard to find. I am sure others will fine this helpful also.
Thanks again.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #24

Yeah thanks for the pictures. It helps explain the issue better when your able to see what your talking about. It will help me and possibly others in the future if the AC starts dripping.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #25

Default thanks..

The photos are greatly appreaciated; thanks for taking the time to help with this problem.
sayhonkmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #26
sam

Default Filters in AC unit

Thought I would check the filters in my AC unit. Only used three days in July.I thought they wouldn't be very dirty. Wrong,suprised by the amt. of dirt I had to clean out.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote