Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #1

Default Regrigerator Insulation?

Our 2007 19' hi-lo has batt insulation on the walls of the refrigerator compartment. Is this factory installed? We bought it used and aren't sure if it should be there. The insulation paper is charred in an upper corner on one side.

redoaktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:17 AM   #2

Sounds factory but I would not like anything charred
This is what I did to mine
The side and part of the back were there was fiberglass insulation , I replaced with 1” duct insulation from a HVAC company ( this gives you the R value without the paper backing)
Then anything near the vent of the refrigerator I also lined with fireproof cloth that plumbers use when they solder copper pipes
Then the top of the refrigerator vent to the outside which my was wood , I put in a radius piece of sheet metal for venting and fireproofing
You could open then upper louvre openings with a screwdriver a little for better airflow
I ended up making a larger opening louvre out of sheet metal and adding a larger cooling fan to back of the refrigerator
I also added a 12 volt waterproof fan to the inside of the refrigerator
With this set up , on a 106degree day I have no problem keeping the refrigerator at 34 degrees
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator