Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #1

Default Starting heater

We have a "new to us" 95' 21 foot Towlite, and can not figure out how to start the heater. In reading the other threads, I understand how to use the thermostat, but have looked high and low (no pun) for a power switch. Any thoughts out there?

Holset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #2

on my 99 towlite it is on the bottom of the thermostat

kwdstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #3

Look on the top of the thermostat, there should be a little lever there. That is the power switch. It should snap to the left to turn on, then set the temperature with the lever on the bottom. That is the way our furnace works. There may be a switch on the furnace itself, normally that is left in the on position. Older furnace systems may be different like KWDStalker just mentioned and the thermostats may have changed models.

Rich
2310H
'07 Tacoma
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #4

Default heater

Found it! Thanks!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Just a little heads up on that thermostat, the one in our 95 didn't work twice and it was from dust getting in the switch, as everything inside is exposed to the air. We spent a cold night the first time, as it was late and I was to tired to trouble shoot till the next day. This happened the first year we had the used 95 trailer. After that happened, we got one of those small ceramic 110 volt heaters and use it when shore power is available. It may not be as convenient as the built in furnace but it saves gas.
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #6

Default heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopRichie77 View Post
Just a little heads up on that thermostat, the one in our 95 didn't work twice and it was from dust getting in the switch, as everything inside is exposed to the air. We spent a cold night the first time, as it was late and I was to tired to trouble shoot till the next day. This happened the first year we had the used 95 trailer. After that happened, we got one of those small ceramic 110 volt heaters and use it when shore power is available. It may not be as convenient as the built in furnace but it saves gas.
Thanks POP! I packed the same style heater just incase the built in one decides to be stubborn.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #7

I have a milk house heater just in case.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

We just spent 3 nights in the PA Poconos, Sat. got down to 35 at night, ran the ceramic 110 volt heater, it kept it warm enough inside for just a comforter blanket for me, wife had a lighter one as soon as the temp outside got in the 40tys it was around 70ty inside, Saved propane and it worked great, of course we have been using the ceramic heater for years and it is just a small one easy to find a spot for it.

PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote