Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:01 PM   #1

Default Water from Air-conditioner

I am wondering ,here----I cant really recall ever seeing any condensation water or otherwise discharging from my air conditioner. So- should I be worried? There should be some, right? And if it isn't draining outside-then where is it going??

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:17 PM   #2
Site Team

I only rarely use mine, but I did when I camped near a lake on my visit to Carlsbad Caverns, four? years ago. I was in a campground with hookups and it was very hot. Water was dripping off the curb side of the trailer roof from the A/C that time. Now, we also camped in a full hookup campground twice in Nevada on our trip to Crater lake, the A/C was on then too, but I don't recall any water that time. Maybe it depends on the humidity?

- Jack

Old 06-20-2020, 09:03 AM   #3

Hi All,

We run the a/c quite a bit in Louisiana and it generates a lot of water. It seems like it prefers to drip down the side where the door is and down by the steps but I'm sure it all has to do with how the roof is sloped.

If you're running it in a dry climate (or drier climate) then the system will still get cold, but it won't have the same amount of water in the air to condense all over it and run down the outside of the trailer. I would guess that you've just been having nicer weather.

But - you could check around the roof of the a/c. I suppose it's possibly draining into the roof layers. Even if that were the case though, I'd expect it would actually be dripping heavily into the inside living area of the trailer itself. If the roof isn't squish around the unit, I think you're probably doing okay.

Take care
Leland

Also in the garage, some stuff to pull it:
1999 3/4 ton 'Burb
1993 Roadmaster wagon (well, it probably won't pull it)
r67northern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:06 PM   #4

Ive run it often over the years. My camping is mostly upper midwest but we have a done a few trips to South Carolina and Florida- not exactly dry places, any of them. Ill keep an eye on it but I suppose it will vex me for awhile. Thanks

4x4
Old 06-21-2020, 04:42 PM   #5

Googled it and got a Rv doctor video. He said-that often that the excess moisture just evaporates from the catch pan so you never see it.

4x4
Old 06-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #6

Default A/C

Mine drips in the Texas heat also. And like above just depends on the level of trailer. Always try to lean trailer slighty away from door side.
Brad Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:22 AM   #7

I ran the AC in my 2203 yesterday testing to make sure it was operational, and within a short time water was dripping from roof spout. Temperature was 87, about 60% humidity in central Pennsylvania.
Tom
Trblandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:58 PM   #8

Our A/C unit always dripped water through the “channel”. Make sure that the coils/fins are clean for most efficient cooling.

Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote