Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Travel and Adventure Road trips, great camping spots and trip planning. Share your camping adventures, recommendations and pictures.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #1

Default Edgar Evans State Park and Marina

In the fall of 2009 DW and I went to Edgar Evans state park and marina.

1630 Edgar Evins State Park Road
Silver Point , TN 38582
931-858-2446 | Toll Free: 1-800-250-8619

http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/EdgarEvins/

Its a beautiful park and unusual in so much as it doesnt have any flat land. Because of this the camp sites look more like small boat docks because they jut out over the hillsides that they are built on. They're very solid and safe so no worries there.

The park is built around Center Hill Lake which is the center piece of this park. Some of the hills are steep so be sure that your TV is in good shape for pulling your Hi-Lo up them.

It's a beautiful park, most of its activities are focused on the lake. If you check their event schedule you might even be able to catch a ride on one of their lake tours in a pontoon boat.

DW and I think this park is great for a weekend trip.

Neal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Park_Ent.jpg (99.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Camp.jpg (99.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Lake View.jpg (96.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Boat Dock.jpg (102.8 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Sunset.jpg (81.4 KB, 52 views)

Old 02-28-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
Joe

Looks like a real nice park Neal. We have friends near Crossville and wonder if you have stayed at Cumberland Mountain State Park. We normally don't stay at parks without sewer hookups and the web site for Cumberland Park doesn't specify what hookups they have.
Joe

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #3

Hey Joe

We haven't been to Cumberland Mountain State Park yet. As you pointed out the State Park website isn't the best for getting information. I'm not sure why but there is a big difference in our websites for the different state parks in Tennessee. Some give a lot of details and some say very little.

I can say that Edgar Evans didn't have sewer hookups. We were in a pop-up without a potty on that trip and having to get dressed and go hiking late at night to go to the restroom was one of several reasons we decided we wanted a more "homey" camper. Sewer hookups in Tennessee State parks are still the minority, I think the recession has slowed down our progreess in that area also.

You probably already found this but here is a link to all the Tenness State Parks.

Tennessee State Parks

Neal