Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Travel and Adventure
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Travel and Adventure Road trips, great camping spots and trip planning. Share your camping adventures, recommendations and pictures.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #1

Default Michigan to Myrtle Beack

Just got back from a trip to Myrtle Beach.

Stayed at the Myrtle Beach State Park. Great camp ground. The bath rooms could be redone but he camp ground is rustic with full hook ups available. Right on the ocean with a fishing pier.

Myrtle Beach KOA is right in town within walking distance to the beach. You can walk to many shops, food and drink. The camp ground is rustic with full hook ups. It is in tall pines, which makes you feel your out in the forest. But you will have to wash you vehicles due to the droppings from the trees.

Townsend Tennessee KOA is excellent right on the river and only a few miles from Cades Cove.

Dayton Tall Pines KOA resort was excellent within a short drive to the Air Force Museum. The Air Force Museum is a national treasure.

I kept this as short as possible. Let me know if you have any questions.

2008 15ft Towlite Limited Edition
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi w/ARE cap
Fastway e2 Hitch
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
sam

Default Recent travels

Glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation. Always good to have a report on campgrounds.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:04 AM   #3

Johnnie -- We go to Myrtle Beach State Park often. It is only approximately two hours from home. How did you luck out and get a full hookup site? There are not that many of them. I'll bet you made reservations far in advance to get one of those sites. I love the beach park, but hate its bath houses. You were being too kind in using the word "rustic" in describing them. South Carolina Parks and Recreation Dept. needs to tear down those bath houses and start again!!

Dee
2009 2509C
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #4

I made reservations at the Myrtle Beach campground about one week before arrival. There were quite a few sites with full hook up. I don't think the season gets started until after April 1. It may be more difficult for reservations further into the season.

2008 15ft Towlite Limited Edition
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi w/ARE cap
Fastway e2 Hitch
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote