Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Travel and Adventure
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Travel and Adventure Road trips, great camping spots and trip planning. Share your camping adventures, recommendations and pictures.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #1

Default Nova Scotia trip

Been on this trip almost 2 weeks now. We hit Montreal, Quebec City and now in Halifax NS. Beautiful country. Did have to replace the valve on the toilet but found the part and only took me 45min to install it. Refrig cooling fan started making lots of noise so shut it off. Will replace when we get home. Cool enough here that the freezer is holding at 0 degrees and fridg at high 30's to mid 40's. Put 2000 miles on truck so far. Plan to be back home in about 2 weeks.

2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to vannooch

How about some images!!

Luke 1:49
vannooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Site Team

Yes! Sounds like a wonderful trip. I'd love to see that part of the world. Sadly, it's a bit of a drive from Tucson, pulling a trailer, traveling maybe 400 miles a day (500 if we really want to punish ourselves).

We've talked about going to Yellowstone, a place I'd love to revisit after about 40 years. But, it's a tough 3-day drive, and we have to "hope" to find places to camp along the way. I DO think it's possible though - maybe next year.

- Jack
Old 08-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #4

You do not need to "hope" to find a place to camp. We have rv'd across the US Canada, and to Alaska and have never had any problem. There are so many RV parks, Gov parks and even Wallmarts and truckstops that allow overnite parking. We rarely ever get reservations ahead until around 2 or 3 pm when we know the area we will be in. I understand that some Wallmarts have installed electric hookups for rv's. Have also found a number of states have installed dump stations at rest areas. Have fun travelling.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote