Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Travel and Adventure Road trips, great camping spots and trip planning. Share your camping adventures, recommendations and pictures.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #1

Default Our First Overnight!

We are looking forward to our first overnight. We were not planning on using it until we had resealed the windows, completed some other repairs and put some new tires on.

But!

Our daughter who is a science teacher, wants to take a quick 10-12 hour jaunt to view the total eclipse. So we are going to take the two boys ( 4.5 and 8 ) camping. We are heading to a Michigan State Park 20 miles away.

While not a monumental run or an epic journey we are excited to practice so to speak and have the boys to camp with. We are going to be in an area of approximately 80% coverage and that will be exciting enough for two young-uns without having to sit all those boring hours in a car with a bunch of adults. Plus there is all the exciting stuff to do in a campground. I think we are getting the better deal!

Our previous trailer was only 16' and with the HiLo at 26' it's going to be like being in Texas..... their are going to be way over there. This shake down cruise for us will be good for us. We're glad that we will be using it sooner rather than later. Glad we were nudged into using it.

We are excited!

Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Excellent idea, sir! Have a great time!

- Jack

Old 08-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #3

Hey Bravada,
Enjoy! Be safe. Sounds like a wonderful family outing. There's a temptation to look when you shouldn't! I was going to take my shake-down cruise today, in fact, but my last minute inspection found a slow leak where the city water is connected to the RV. I discovered a couple of small cracks in the quick connect "union connector." So my trip
http://www.palmettocove.com/PCRVstandard.pdf
is on hold until after eclipse, if I still have eyesight! We're in the 99.9% total eclipse area here.
1999 21' Hi Lo TowLite
Doug Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
Site Team

I envy you Doug. I heard on the radio that the weather forecast is for clear skies in the East. Just make sure you are using proper eye protection.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #5

This how the pro do it;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1258.jpg (449.8 KB, 6 views)
Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote