Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Travel and Adventure Road trips, great camping spots and trip planning. Share your camping adventures, recommendations and pictures.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #1

Default The Time Machine's "test run"

Hi all,
I would like to thank all my friends here on HTF for all the great advise and support for the time machine. Well, we finally had a chance to try it out. It was only for one night, but it was fun and the ol 84 preformed flawlessly.
We decieded on Prado Regional Park 16700 Euclid Ave Chino Ca 91708. It was only about 40 minutes away from home, just in case something "popped up"..anyway it was interesting to see the look on peoples faces when I hit the switch and raised the time machine. Surrounded by $100,000 motor coaches I might have had the smallest trailer in the campground..most definitely the coolest . It was extremely windy, so you know how that goes..I was not able to open the awning this time. We spent most of the night drinking beers and playing board games inside. (pretty much just enjoying the new interior) We even had a young couple with a restored 60's vintage trailer stop by for a closer look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hilo 007.jpg (73.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg hilo 010.jpg (69.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg hi lo 011.jpg (68.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg hilo 008.jpg (82.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg hilo 009.jpg (84.8 KB, 53 views)

Old 02-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #2

here are a few more..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hilo 012.jpg (77.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg hilo 013.jpg (69.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg hilo 014.jpg (73.6 KB, 43 views)

Old 02-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
Site Team

You'll get used to people stopping by. We have visitors every time we camp.

And, I know what you mean when you talk about the smallest rig at the campground! We've stayed in places where we were surrounded by behemoths too. I think it's kind of funny when it happens. We take comfort knowing those land yachts won't fit in the Forest Service places we prefer to hang out.

Your trailer looks right at home! Bet you're looking forward to taking it to more interesting places.

- Jack
Old 02-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
gus

The hi-lo looks great, I have never been to a camp site where I camped on concrete slab, I suppose you don't have to worry about dirt and mud getting inside, hey in the last picture I see another older motorhome in the background, it looks like the one they used in Breaking Bad tv show, maybe not the same but same time era.
gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post

And, I know what you mean when you talk about the smallest rig at the campground! We've stayed in places where we were surrounded by behemoths too. I think it's kind of funny when it happens. We take comfort knowing those land yachts won't fit in the Forest Service places we prefer to hang out.

Your trailer looks right at home! Bet you're looking forward to taking it to more interesting places.

- Jack
yeah it didnt really set in intill i saw it from a distance. haha
Looks big in our driveway though. It was kinda funny but I too like the smaller size trailer. It just makes more sense for us. We plan on taking it to lots of interesting places this year. Really want to go up to yosemite.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #6

Glad all went well for your first trip out! Gotta get a little paint on those faded graphics on the propane cover and it will blend right in. You have a great little trailer there and I hope it brings you years of enjoyment. Taking mine out next weekend.
misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:15 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Lo Time machine View Post
yeah it didnt really set in intill i saw it from a distance. haha
Looks big in our driveway though. It was kinda funny but I too like the smaller size trailer. It just makes more sense for us. We plan on taking it to lots of interesting places this year. Really want to go up to yosemite.
If you haven't been there, you'll love it. We camped there 5-6 years ago and stayed at Hodgdon Meadow. Hodgdon Meadow Campground - Yosemite National Park (U.S. National Park Service) It's a fair distance from the valley, but the drive was always pleasant. The campground is in a lush forest and you can reserve sites.

We stayed 5 nights there, as I recall. There's a lot more to see than just the valley, and, if you're up to it, there are some beautiful hikes.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:06 AM   #8
gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post

- Jack
When it comes to camping, larger units can be problem when setting up, with our unit, I can back up into our space with one try as long as my wife is guiding me, 5 min for leveling and attach all the hookups and we are done to enjoy the rest of the day. as I recall a while back, I saw a guy with 4 door diesel GMC truck pulling a long fifth wheel with the toy hauler in the back for an expensive Harley bike, he was trying to back it up between 2 trees and it was taking him and his wife over 1/2 hour and they couldn't get it in their spot, because right in front of them was another camper, his wife was freaking out, he was getting frustrated with her... I was watching the debacle, finally my wife asked me to go and help them, which I did, I was very happy to look at ours and appreciate how easy to park it.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #9

Great looking trailer. Good for you. And swell looking bikes as well. Now all that is left is to ditch that cherokee for a wagoneer or, like, a 68' Vista Cruiser.

Have fun.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #10

Default Great looking rig..

I think it's great to have a small rig. Those big RV's get about 5 to 7 miles per gallon; true they have more comfort, but I like cozy and being outside enjoying mother nature and God's beauty.
sayhonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:38 PM   #11
gus

To me that is the whole purpose of camping, being outdoors away from the comfort of home, enjoying the scenery and nature, maybe visit landmarks and small towns close by to where we are camping, I am amazed at the number of people I see at camp ground that never get out of their rig, they just park it and stay inside until a week later when they leave, I am like why are they even here.. they could have stayed at home and had the same experience, sometimes I notice by 8pm, the lights are turned off maybe gone to sleep.
It is true that those big motor homes are nice looking and all, but they also have a nice payments to go along with them, ours is paid, weather tight and compared to pop up campers, it is not even in the same league.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #12

Beautiful camper. Can you post some pics of the interior?! I also agree about smaller trailers or campers. It just makes more sense. Those giant land monsters look nice and all but when I'm camping I'm only inside to go to sleep. LOL

deadworld is offline   Reply With Quote