Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 01-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #1

Default 1992 22' renovations

Hi there, first post, excited to get this thing a bit fixed up on the inside.

Bought a 1992 with some issues that I'm working on right now.

My wallpaper is loose in many spots... peeling off, walls only. It appears that moisture is getting to it when down, as it's only the bottom of the top, and becomes less prominent as you go up. I'm considering removing it & spraying the walls with something durable, there's a product we use on stucco that is very strong & repels water, but not sure how well it can deal with flex. Trying to figure out intelligent options for the walls.

Also the cushions are pretty nasty, wondering if there's any decent source for new covers out there.

I'm also redoing a bunch of the trim with Beetlekill to get rid of the cheap 90's feel as much as I can.

Also interested in any ideas for other easier ways to update the general feel of the place a bit.

Looking forward to having this thing, it's pretty darn ideal for what we do!!

backcountryislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Welcome to the forum! If you do a search on remodel, renovation, or restoration, you'll find that several members have done extensive repairs to their trailers. Lots of good pictures too. Good luck and have fun!

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

Backcountryislife, Welcome to the forum! We are here to help you in way way we can. I would be really helpful if you could post pictures of your problem areas so that we can better advise you. As already stated do a search for back posts on remodeling,updating. Is your model a classic or a towlite? Sometimes the glue just dries out under the wallpaper. Some have just painted over the wallpaper or rewallpapered. It may be that you need to remove all your windows and re seal with butyl tape and Lexel caulk on the outside. With the window out you can see the condition of the interior walls. My restoration story of words and pictures is posted on11-7-2012. 1990 HiLo Classic restoration. Try steam cleaning your upholstery cushions. Maybe the cushions can be taken off and put in the wash on delicate. (cushion covers). Any upholstery shop would be able to make up new cushions and covers. What is your towvehicle and what state are you in?
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #4

I've done a few searches, and not popping much up... seems odd. I'm a mod on a forum & very active in a few others, so I did at least try searching first... but got skunked. Heading out to measure for curtains right now, so I'll take some pics!

Looking at where the damage is, I feel there's a good chance it happened in transit, as the bottom isn't perfectly sealed, and I plan to use this in large part in the winter as a base so my wife & I can trade off for snowmobiling.
backcountryislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #5
sam

Default Repairs

How good is your seal between the top and bottom layer? Keep us posted.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote