Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 09-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #1

Default Cabinet Doors

Hi,
Can someone help me and answer these questions.
When you raise the top is it suppose to be totally even with the bottom portion? Mine has about an inch difference where it meets but it looks
like it's sealed properly.
This brings me to my second question. If this is correct how the heck do you put the two cabinet doors that open down and in ( by the radio) back on? I can't get it to work because of the angle. Help

Charleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Hello, Charleen - The top and lower half of the trailer may not look "even" on the inside when the top is up. If the bulb seal on the top half is meeting the lip on the lower half, it's where it's supposed to be. You can also measure from the "outriggers" to the top half when the top is up. If the distance is about the same from all four outriggers, it is even.

I don't have the doors you describe in the cabinet where my radio is located. Can you post a picture?

- Jack

Old 09-02-2020, 10:24 PM   #3

Default Cabinets

Thanks for the help and the information. I posted a reply but not sure where it went. I am re-posting again so hopefully the pictures will come through as well. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Charleen
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image1.jpeg (46.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: png image2.png (696.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg image10.jpg (122.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-02-2020, 10:46 PM   #4
Site Team

Charleen, I'm really sorry but I'm having trouble seeing how these doors work? Is the last picture rotated 90 degrees? It looks like the door is closed in that one. In the "tall" picture, I'm looking at a bed, or is it a couch? Where are the doors in that one? Are they just above the bed/couch or are they above what appears to be a lowered bunk bed? And the first picture shows me a hinge, but I don't see what's wrong with it.

I'm really sorry I can't figure this out - I have nothing like you describe in my trailer and I'm sure I'm just seeing your pictures wrongly. Hopefully, someone else will come to our rescue!

- Jack
JackandJanet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:08 PM   #5

Yeah, I can’t figure it out either. What model and year is the trailer?

John
jon2bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #6

Hi, I'm sorry, it loaded sideways. The one is looking at it from the bathroom where the doors go into the larger holes.
The one pick tire is to show how deep the top is from the bottom part. However it seems sealed from below.
The third picture is the angle that it takes to reattach
The doors. They open from the top into the couch.
It's a 1993 2239L.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:52 PM   #7
Site Team

So, they are at the rectangles just above the back of the couch? And they don't simply lift up to close? If they're open, are the doors sticking out horizontally, or are they hanging down against the wall? I don't understand what you mean when you say the "doors go into the larger holes". Can you show us that (a picture that shows the entire door and hole)? And, again, I don't understand what you mean by "angle that it takes to reattach..." What angle is this?

I'm sorry I'm so stupid, and I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I simply don't understand what the issue is.

I wish someone with an identical setup would come on here and give me some help.

- Jack
Old 09-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #8

I have a 1990 model with the same interior setup. Mine is currently lowered with a cover over it but will be raising it in 3 or 4 days to prepare for a short trip. BUT... I do believe you first need to make couch into a bed and then remove the piece of trim / molding that is screwed along the top of the bottom wall. This trim is screwed into the steel framing so you will want to put it back just as it came off to match up screw holes. You can not get any more room than this because of steel framing unless you jack the top up higher. Believe this will give you enough room. When I uncover and raise camper I will verify this and email back if not solved by then.
Freddiefreeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #9

Raised my camper today. With the back of couch down and out of the way and trim piece removed it looks like a tight fit if the hinges are already screwed to the door. Can be done but probably with a flexible extension for the screw bit. If you can mount the hinges first and then lay the door up there like it would be in the open position and then screw the door onto the hinges. Should have more than enough room this way. If the old screw holes are there that would help line things up, otherwise you will have to line things up and mark them before you remove hinges from doors. Good Luck.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:20 PM   #10

My two cents!!!

The doors are most likely mounted before the trailer went together and I bet you do need a cable adjustment.

I don’t have anything like that. I fear the door opening while down and holding things up. Why not open the door from the bottom with the hinges on top. Flip the doors.
The Ohioian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #11

Hinging these doors at the top on this model, the doors would hit the backside of the top part of the couch and you could not get into the cabinet area.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:27 PM   #12
sam

Default Door catching.

My bathroom door on our 1996 26ft. Classic would not open all the way. This is the back wall cabinet that would bump into the wardrobe. When we had the HiLo in for service work J&R adjusted the cables and this was the end of the problem. Not quite one year and no problems. Don't do what another HiLo owner did. He just cut some off the bottom of the cabinet door.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddiefreeloader View Post
Hinging these doors at the top on this model, the doors would hit the backside of the top part of the couch and you could not get into the cabinet area.
Don’t flip the doors
The Ohioian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:04 PM   #14

Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the help but I am happy to tell you that the cabinet doors have been put back on the proper way......and wait for it!!! All I did at the suggestion of a friend was remove the door from the hinges instead of attaching it with it on and creating the issue with no room to work with. CRAZY Right................I couldn't believe how much time and energy I put in to this!!! I am sure my friend thinks that I lost my mind when I was jumping up and down Thanks Again.............
Old 09-17-2020, 10:08 PM   #15
Site Team

I'm delighted you got the issue solved. And, I'm sorry I was so dense that I could not figure out what that issue was (other than doors that didn't work properly). It's good to have friends!

- Jack