Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 03-21-2016, 09:24 AM   #1

Default Couch Problem

O.K., this is going to sound a little stupid but I have a problem. I purchased this 2008 19T trailer a few months ago and have not used it yet. When I brought the trailer home, I was inside the unit and doing a little cleaning and planning on where to pack stuff and looked under the jack-knife couch and found the fold down support legs that were never installed on the couch. Being the handyman that I am, and realizing that the couch tended to "tip over" without the supports, I installed them on each end at a place I thought was the proper place for them.

Now the problem, I can not pull the seat portion of the couch up to make a flat bed out of it. I have pulled and tugged, felt around the gap for something holding it down and can not figure it out. It worked fine a couple of months ago, am I missing something, other than I mounted the support legs in the wrong place and they are hung on something?

Redcatcher70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #2

When opening the jack knife couch you have to pull the bottom/front up all of the way until it clicks, then allow the unit to open up with its own weight.
If it doesn't open, do it again.

It may take some force to operate to fold from a opened position. I had to lift the bed front all of the way until it clicked and pull back and push down hard to lift the weight of the unit.

It sounds like it may not have been used much.

I didn't need the legs to make mine stable, but possible different model.
But they all work the same. The design has been used for many, many years.(60+)

I have removed my jack knife couch and have a table and slats for bed now.
kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote