Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Interior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 11-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to captbobster
Default Extra cabinet space

I recently added four small portable cabinets to the kitchen and bath. They were made from scrap shipping boxes made of multiply plywood and some trim pieces. I designed them to hold all of our small incidentals that we were packing up everytime we moved. They are 5.5 inches deep by 24 inches square for the kitchen ones and 5.5 inches deep by 19 inches wide by 24 inches tall for the bathroom. I made them, so I could easily take them off the counters and put them on the floor facing each other to keep everything in it's place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-11-10 08.22.05.jpg (96.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-10 08.21.33.jpg (23.4 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-10 08.22.47.jpg (64.7 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-10 08.23.06.jpg (67.4 KB, 120 views)

2011 Toyota Sequoia
captbobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Site Team

Very nice! Big "thumbs up" for that.

- Jack

Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95
Default storage shelves

Capt Bobster,

Great idea! I can see where that can be very useful in prepping the camper for a trip. Take the units to your kitchen or bathroom in the house, load them up, fold them up, secure everything in place, and when you get to your destination, set them up on the ample counter space that's available over the sink, frig, and closet in bath, all of which usually get cluttered up. This system makes everything look neat and orderly. Then when you are back home, reverse the process. I have a winter project now!

Thanks,

Jerry Curtis
2406-T 2000 F250 4x4
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:57 AM   #4

My wife thought of another great idea today while in Total Wine. Using wine boxes for putting small clothing items in, like undies and socks and putting them on the divider shelf. They sell them for around 4 bucks and are pretty nice looking.
2011 Toyota Sequoia
Old 11-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #5

I built a shelf with a curtain and we use clear plastic shoe boxes for the frequently used items. - Dish clothes - placemats - Window curtains - snacks -
Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #6

I built a shelf with a curtain and we use clear plastic shoe boxes for the frequently used items. - Dish clothes - placemats - Window curtains (the blinds are long gone) - snacks. I have a rubber strap to hold them in while traveling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Storage shelf curtain.jpg (90.1 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Storage shelf.jpg (91.1 KB, 93 views)
Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:34 AM   #7

Well, we went to Total Wine and bought some wooden wine boxes and set them on every flat surface we could find in the bath and bedroom. The wife is rolling our socks, underwear, towels, and washcloths and putting them in the boxes for easy access. They then can be stacked or set on the floor during travel. After some sanding and a couple of coats of clear lacquer they look kinda of cute, some of them have a sliding wood door to close them up. Not bad for $5.
2011 Toyota Sequoia
Old 11-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #8

Sounds Great... Any pics to share?

Jerry Curtis
Towlite 2406T
Old 11-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
sam

Default Packing clothes

The first night out I put all our house clothes in a seperate laundry bag so they don't get mixed up with the clothes that go back in the trailer. I was able to buy clothing for the Rv off the reduced seasonal rack. Try yard sales or the Salvation Army,Good Will. This way I have two weeks of clothing for the three of us in the Rv. Everything from shorts to winter jackets. This is great because all I have to pack is some last minute equipment and food. I always use a packing list.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #10

Hi Jerry. Did you see my pictures of the other cabinets I built? I will send some of the wine boxes as soon as we move and I get the new floor down. Probably in about 2 weeks. Everything is a mess now and our Granddaughter is with us for the week, kinda slows the work down a little.
2011 Toyota Sequoia
Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #11

Thanks,

I'll be watching.

Jerry
Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #12

Yes I saw those but would like to see your wine box arrangement when you get a chance to post.

Jerry Curtis
2405 Towlite 2000 F250 4x4
Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #13

Love the way you matched the spindles in the HiLo…nice job!
Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #14

Talking

Captain Bobster,

Big Thumbs Up! I will look at your pictures more closely when we return from our trip to Oklahoma [leaving tomorrow morning for a 12-day stay on Lake Eufaula]. I will work on my version based on what you have provided.

As much as we love the Hi-Lo [as do all of us on this forum], there is still a need for additional storage space. Your idea looks like a viable resolution to the storage problem. Do you have these set up so that when they face each other for storage and travelling, did you put clasps on them to keep them together to keep the contents from spilling out? I can envision that as well as placing them in a position on the floor where they will travel safely and be ready for set up when you get to your destination.

I thank you for the great idea!

As we head out tomorrow morning, we are supposed to be driving in rain the entire distance [right after we just had our Hi-lo detailed last week while in Rockport, TX]. We will be camping on Lake Eufaula [Oklahoma] where 7 years ago we camped and ran out of propane and our sewage hose became a 20 foot icicle!

Jerry & Carol Curtis [Rocky Too]!!
2406T Towlite Ford F250 7.3 Liter 4x4

P.S. Rocky is our little furry companion and he loves to travel and has his own special place in our Hi-Lo. He loves people, other dogs, and even cats! And, in return, people just fall all over him. He is the 'star' everywhere we go! Perhaps 'The Forum' should have a special segment where all who travel with their dogs, cats, birds, etc., could upload photos of our 'furry' or 'feathered' and even 'scaley] companions as we sojourn across America. After all, they are an integral part of our families and our every day lives. We do not go anywhere [except church] without Rocky.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #15

Default Animals

We camped with our chocolate lab and birds…a cockatiel and 2 parakeets. We have several stories about the birds…unfortunately we lost the cockatiel camping in North East Ohio. Our animals were our family so they went everywhere we went

Oh, and we have taken Abbey our dog to church with us; Lake Erie has outdoor-drive up car services complete with communion!

Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote