Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Interior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 01-13-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

Default Gap between tip out and trailer

I have a classic 2006 25c with a tip out and when the trailer is up and the tip out is in, there is about a 4” gap the full length of the tip out Is there supposed to be a filler or something to fill that gap so if we pull into a rest / Walmart area we won’t be exposed to the elements. Any suggestions?

mjshortt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjshortt View Post
I have a classic 2006 25c with a tip out and when the trailer is up and the tip out is in, there is about a 4” gap the full length of the tip out Is there supposed to be a filler or something to fill that gap so if we pull into a rest / Walmart area we won’t be exposed to the elements. Any suggestions?
Are all of your lift cables properly adjusted? If the street side of the trailer is raising too high you would have a gap at the top of the tip out, though 4" would be extreme. A picture could help with a solution.

1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:58 PM   #3

When the top is up and the tip up in, there is a gap between the tip up and top of the trailer that makes it not useable. There are some places that we could stay that do not allow tip up out so there fore we would be exposed to the elements. It would seem to me that there is something missing
Old 01-13-2016, 11:36 PM   #4

I would assume that is how it was made. I don't think it was made to camp in with the tip out not extended.

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjshortt View Post
When the top is up and the tip up in, there is a gap between the tip up and top of the trailer that makes it not useable. There are some places that we could stay that do not allow tip up out so there fore we would be exposed to the elements. It would seem to me that there is something missing
On my unit when the top is raised and the tip out has not been pushed out, there is a space at the bottom portion of the trailer that would provide access for rodents, etc., but there is not an open space at the top. If this is what you are referring to then you could fill that space with pool noodles when you have the tip out remaining inside the trailer.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:16 AM   #6

We haven't been camping for many years and this is our first Hilo and are unfamiliar with how they are made. Thanks for the info. We will get a noodle.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:18 AM   #7

Welcome to the Forum!

Go to the video manual post in the reference library and watch video #6 for operating the tipout. See if the gap above the tipout and the bottom of the cabinet look about the same. The video was made in 1995 so it should closely compare to your trailer.
http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...-youtube-1233/

There is something radically wrong there. There should be no gap anywhere around the tipout. If the top is raised to the proper height where the inside top and bottom rails closely match heights there should be no or very little gap above. My wife's cousin has a 2409T and I know there are no gaps on his.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:43 AM   #8
Site Team

I'd go to a different campsite that allows tip-outs. Don't think I'd care to spend a week with my tip-out inside! Not getting full use of the Hi Lo.

Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote