Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Interior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 06-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
sam

Default Getting new flooring,more soft wall damage.

I was in my 90 HiLo waiting for the flooring installer to give us an estimate/measurement onnew flooring. Need to replace because of toilet replacement /floor repair. Under the bench/floor the vinyl flooring got damaged due to a leaky can of cleaner. The damage also went out to the main isle. This installer has done other work in our home. Our apt was for 9:30 am. He was a no show. We went across town to the store and found out the store owner is goofy. Picked out some new vinyl and then hooked up with the installer at 1:30. Needed a piece 12ft by 8ft. We willhave a seam at the Br.Rm dooeway. He will have to skim coat the entire floor and glue down the vinyl. You can't subfloor because it would raise the floor up too much. My christmas gift to my self. Thought I would share this with you in case any one does floor replacement yourself. Ende3d up making another trip to the store to pay and went to the local lumber yard to pick up 1/2 inch round base trim. Checked the trim for flaws and straightness. Hubby stayed in the truck. Got home and Hubby realized they gave us 3/4 inch round trim. Too tired to make a third trip across town so my daughter went and conned an icee out of dad at our Sams club. In the morning It has poured for all it was worth and I realized the water was pouring downwhere the awning stopped and then down the outside light. This wall is already delaminatede. Discovered soft wall damage on the other side of the door. I've been trying to get ahold of my friend who has a nice big 2nd garage. We,ve done them tons of free repairs because the are both disabled. Hopefully, we will be able to park/use the garage to do rebuild repair this winter. My husband is a semiretired sheet metal fabricator. We certainly are encouraged by others who have done wall rebuilding. We'll try to take pictures as we repair. We only have eight days of camping scheduled this year. We,ve been busy repairing two comercial popcorn machines and two bicycles. Not even on our to do list. I.m putting stain on and spar urethane to the floor trim. Thank goodness the floor place has a huge driveway for our HiLo. We don,t have electric where we store it.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
sam

Default New flooring has been installed

Got ourHiLo back last evening. The new floor looks FAB. Spent many hours in the HiLo with the AC on. Got the bath tub panel cut down and installed. Had to reinstall the toilet ,vaccum ect. Now on to the exterior detailing.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote