Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Interior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 12-30-2016, 05:48 PM   #1

Default Kitchen Faucet

Hi All,

My first post

I have searched through the forum on what has been used as a replacement faucet for the kitchen sink. The Delta suggested by someone else appears to have a maximum height of about 8 or 9 inches above the counter. I measured the clearance from the counter to the recessed plastic dome over the sink and figured that there would be 5.5 maybe 6 inches of space when the camper is in the lowered position. I am not seeing any small pull-out spray faucets with such a low height (they all appear to have high handles). The smallest one I have found is a cheap faucet that is 7.5 inches in height. Anyone have pictures or advice for what they have done?

My other thought was to get a faucet I like, then remove the plastic dome cover from the cabinet so that I have more room to work with. Obviously I would need to replace the plastic piece with something else so that the dishes don't fall out.

We have a '96 22T. Thanks for your help!
Amber

alnyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:25 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnyquist View Post
Hi All,

My first post

I have searched through the forum on what has been used as a replacement faucet for the kitchen sink. The Delta suggested by someone else appears to have a maximum height of about 8 or 9 inches above the counter. I measured the clearance from the counter to the recessed plastic dome over the sink and figured that there would be 5.5 maybe 6 inches of space when the camper is in the lowered position. I am not seeing any small pull-out spray faucets with such a low height (they all appear to have high handles). The smallest one I have found is a cheap faucet that is 7.5 inches in height. Anyone have pictures or advice for what they have done?

My other thought was to get a faucet I like, then remove the plastic dome cover from the cabinet so that I have more room to work with. Obviously I would need to replace the plastic piece with something else so that the dishes don't fall out.

We have a '96 22T. Thanks for your help!
Amber
Welcome to the forum. The first faucet I replaced was purchased at Camping World. I had to make sure I turned the spout about 45 degrees so it would clear the recess. Then, by accident, I found one with a shorter and lower spout that fit perfect, at Ace Hardware.

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:35 PM   #3

Default Faucet search

Seems you can either grab your measuring tape and head to one of the big box stores, or do an internet search at a site that lets you filter your search based on faucet specifications, like this website:

www.faucetdirect.com/kitchen-faucets/c19

This site lets you search for many parameters, including spout height (see filtering options on the left of the screen). For instance, this site has over 300 faucets that have spout height of less than 6 inches. I'm sure you'll find some with the spray handle, too. Be sure to get the correct hole spacing for the faucet.

Get the right faucet and leave your cabinet intact......just my 2 cents!
piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:38 PM   #4
sam

Default Kitchen faucet replacement

We have replaced our kitchen faucet. As stated it is possible to find one with the right spout height and the correct hole pattern. Try PPL Motorhomes in Texas. Dh is sleeping so I can get the co. info out of my file. Don't take the recessed plastic off. Good luck with your search. Welcome to the forum.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kitchen faucet