Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Interior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 02-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #1

Default showering and shower curtain . . .

I notice in my 2204T that the shower curtain only covers the exposed/open area where you come in and out; yet I see railing and extra hangers on the ceiling that covers 360 degrees.

Am I supposed to be surrounded in shower curtains when I shower? That would protect the opposite wall but man that would make the already tight space even tighter!

Otherwise the whole wall is being exposed to water . . . is this ok?

Thanks guys!

thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:08 PM   #2

Should be curtains all the way around. You don't want any wall exposed to water.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #3
Site Team

Yup, mine has two curtains that overlap for full coverage. But, they are easily torn and I suspect one of yours has been damaged and discarded.

We've decided that sponge baths are just as effective and they use less water. If we want to shower, we find a public campgound shower or something similar.

- Jack
Old 02-18-2016, 09:40 AM   #4

Very rare that I disagree with Jack and almost a sure fire bet if it is of a technical/mechanical nature I will be wrong. But, opinions and preferences are a horse of a different color.. I actually prefer using our shower stall if the cg showers are crowded, a ways off, or funky. I do tend to use the hand held feature and do " navy" showers to save water. But, after years of canoe/ kayak trips where cleanliness involved jumping into a cold northern lake or waiting for hours to get the solar shower to heat or transferring water to one after heating it on a backpacking stove------ I find the cramped quarters of the hi- lo positively decadent. Depends on lots of things. But, again, do make sure you have good coverage with the curtains. Like Jack I have two, but some folks have added a third.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
Site Team

Ah, Rick - It's good we don't all like the same things, isn't it? The demand for those would be so high no one could afford them.

I'm with you though on "public" showers. Personally, I don't really enjoy using them and would much rather clean up in my HiLo. I just do it in a different way.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:56 PM   #6

I use two shower curtains and velcro them together so no water gets out. made an opening so the shower head can come through which I then velcro closed this way no water gets on the walls.

Janice Gealey is offline   Reply With Quote