Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 12-26-2016, 06:48 PM   #1

Default What To Use On The Inside Paneling?

From what I can gather, our unit was used very little, hardly at all. The paneling is dry and wants to sop up any humidity and I'm not sure what product would be best to use. Some time ago, in the house, I used a liquid with beeswax in it from Lehman's (Amish store I order from online) and it worked well in an old house. The paneling is very light, so everything shows up on it. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #2

There is a product called Scott's Liquid Gold for wood. We used it on the paneling in our previous house. You can google it to find out more. It is a cleaner and preservative. It is made in the USA.

Bob

retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:02 PM   #3

Orange glo wood furniture 2&1 clean and polish works very well for us on dried out wood for us doesn't leave soapy film on wood
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:10 AM   #4
sam

Default Rx for wood paneling

I also vote for Scotts liquid Gold. I use it in my home and on the cupboards and wood in the HiLo. It comes in a spray can. Cheapest at Walmart. I have quite a bit of wainscoting in my home and other wood work. Does a great job of cleaning and perking up wood.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:28 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions. I should be able to find them locally too! The paneling is the worst of it. We have a humidity gauge and with the sun on the Hi-Lo, humidity runs about 30 to 40%, really low for KS but probably the sun/wind/heat combination lately.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

I've used a couple of things on the wood in my trailer that work pretty good. Tung oil and Murphy Oil Soap. I try to do them about every 3-4 months.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside1954 View Post
From what I can gather, our unit was used very little, hardly at all. The paneling is dry and wants to sop up any humidity and I'm not sure what product would be best to use. Some time ago, in the house, I used a liquid with beeswax in it from Lehman's (Amish store I order from online) and it worked well in an old house. The paneling is very light, so everything shows up on it. Suggestions would be appreciated.
If you choose to use Scott's Liquid Gold I would suggest you read the warnings on the label before using.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:50 AM   #8

From what I have gathered, a gentleman in his 70s bought the trailer and was not able to take it out much before he passed on. It appeared to just sit I would guess closed up and under cover. The last owner had it for one year. I tested some of the "Orange Glo" yesterday and the paneling just lapped it right up. It is going to take a few times over to get it in shape. With the finished cabinet doors and drawers, they are good condition. Seems the paneling was maybe just stained?