Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Audio video
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Audio video TV, Radio, Satellite, speakers, etc

Old 09-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #1

Default Hook up Cable tv

We are new owners of a 2007 TowLite. We need help on where to hook up the outside tv cable to our trailer. We have found the inside hook up but not the outside. HELP

Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:50 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Where is the location of the inside one? The factory one on the outside is on the driver side under a small flip up cover.

PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #3

Pop -

Our Hi-Lo didn't come with a cable connection, we added one ourselves.

So what I was wondering, do models that come with cable TV pre-wired, do they have a seperate cable connection on the inside of the trailer, from the antenna connection?

If it is a seperate connection, like i suppose it is, could it be that Samantha is looking at the antenna connection, and might possibly not have a cable connection?

Samantha, if this is the case, its a simple job to add your own cable connection.

Neal
Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #4

You may not have an outside cable connection as it was an option. If you have it there would be, in addition to the outside connection box, a plate inside beside the refrigerator with both a cable and a telephone connection. This is separate from the antenna connection up next to the ceiling.
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:30 AM   #5

Hi folks

Thanks for the quick response! We've arrived at the conclusion that we don't have a connection. Neal, how and where did you add yours?

Thanks much. This forum is going a real asset for a couple of greenhorns new to RVing.

Samantha
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #6

The power amp hookup on my unit has both the antenna coax and the cable coax connected to the backside of the power amp. There is only one coax connection on the exterior side of the power amp. So it doesn't matter if I am using the antenna or cable hookup, I just connect the coax to the one connecter on the power amp and the other end to my tv.
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #7

Samantha

On our 2201, I removed the paneling from around the electrical panel inside of the trailer, on ours it was just like 6 screws to do this.

Next i drilled a hole in the floor of the camper, inside of the area that I had exposed by removing the paneling, just big enough to push the cable though. I ran the cable through that hole and rigged the outside cable connection near the outside edge of the camper, still underneath the camper, as I didnt want to drill into the side of the camper.

The inside connection I attached to the backside of the paneling I removed, near the edge of the fridge. Our TV lives on top of the fridge, and we either run the cable UP to the antenna connection, or DOWN the side to the cable connection.

It probably took an hour or so to install the cable connection.

Neal