Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Audio video
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Audio video TV, Radio, Satellite, speakers, etc

Old 07-15-2016, 11:47 PM   #1

Default King Jack antenna new install

Hi, I have a 22 foot classic. I bought a King Jack antenna. I have an air-conditioner mounted on the roof. There is mark on the ceiling near the cabinet left of the refrigerator that says "antenna mount". The instructions state that the outside antenna needs to be 20" minimum from anything taller than 8" inches. If I mount the antenna here it is only 10" from the air-conditioner on the outside which is 10 - 12 inches tall. I found a place above the refrigerator to the right of the battery operated light. Can I mount it here or will I damage something? Maria in Oak Harbor, WA

catsjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:57 AM   #2

Default King Jack antenna new install Sucess!

Well, I measured several times inside and out, figured even though it says I need 22 inches clearance, I really only needed about 7 inches. Antenna is 12 inches across. Put it right where my HiLo has a + and says, put antenna here. It worked but I was not able to put 2 of the eight screws in. Figured 6 was enough. Finally figured out the wiring in the false floor of the cabinet next to the installation. Maria in Oak Harbor, WA.
catsjazz is offline   Reply With Quote