Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 02-02-2020, 03:04 PM   #1

Default body panals

I have a 22T that I am getting ready to sell to move up to a 28 footer. Last year I had a blow out and the tire part damaged the panal just behind the wheelwell and in front of the rear storage compartment on the rt. side. I'm wondering what is the best way to repair the damage. Are there body parts available or trailers being parted out? how do you remove the gray panal it seems to be bonded along the top. I have two pictures but I'm having difficulty uploading them

Strbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:03 PM   #2
sam

Default Getting body panels

Call J&R in Ohio. They will be able to answer all your questions.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:04 PM   #3

I had the same thing happen on my 94 Funlite. A piece of the tire went all the way to the refrigerator and dented the side. There's a lot of energy in a spinning tire. I repaired the area on the inside using a cheap walmart plastic cutting board, which is probably now bullet proof. The area in the wheel well is just sheet metal. The sheet metal edges are rolled together to form a weather seal. A sheet metal fabrication place should be able to fabricate the piece, although they likely won't install it. You could also install a piece of wood backing in there and screw the sheet metal to the wood and then seal the screws and seems with urethane sealer.
HiLoToGo is offline   Reply With Quote