Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #1

Default Front couch extension and access

I had asked PopRichie how his '95 215TL was set up for the couch and discovered that mine had been modified. I am very glad that the first owner did. I rebuilt his mod to make it sturdier. I will try and explain what I think was changed but I have never seen another Hi-lo inside. Thios allows very easy access to the pump for winterization or to replace the cracked water filter as I had to do and the fuses and converter. The back of the couch sits behind the seat portion now which works better for my height.
1) The top of the couch section that the cushions sit on was removed.
2) A 1" wide trim (I replaced it with MDF) was put the back and sides on the exsisting trim that the top sat on.
3) A 3.5" wide shelf (MDF) was centered on the front so that when slid out the 2 halves are centered over the front of the cabinet. I bolted L brackets for more support.
4) A sheet of composite was cut into 3 pieces, 2 to fit on top, with finger holes to remove them, and the other had the trim and legs attached to it to widen the bed. It has a notch for the brace by the door and a bumper for the wall near the fridge.
When pulled out the 2 halves are flat and are centered over the front of the cabinet.
5) I added a nylon strap to make it easier to lift the front part to slide it back and a 1" foot that supports the legs when it's a couch and flips away when pulled out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sept 11 060.jpg (96.7 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg Sept 11 057.jpg (93.7 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg Sept 11 059.jpg (93.7 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg Sept 11 061.jpg (86.0 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg Sept 11 062.jpg (86.7 KB, 134 views)

Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #2

The previous owner had also put doors on the under booth storage. We have a bin on it's side inside one that we keep our slippers and spare tennis shoes in behind it is the stuff we only need to pull out once a trip. Heavy blankets and extra sheets towels etc.
I added cedar paneling to the bottom of both as well as the bottom of the bathroom wardrobe.
We have an added shelf covered with a cushion that we keep plastic shoeboxes in with our frequently used stuff like dish cloths, face cloths, place mats cookies and crackers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Booth door closed.jpg (94.5 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Booth door open.jpg (91.1 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg Storage shelf.jpg (91.1 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Storage shelf curtain.jpg (90.1 KB, 104 views)

Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
sam

Default Remodeling

Nice job!! Just a few changes makes it more user friendly for you.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote