Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 06-28-2018, 09:56 PM   #1

Default Hi LO or tow lite

This is all new to me ...Let me start with dumb ???..I recently purchaced a 22 TD Classic..On right and left rear side it says Towlite...On front and rear it says Hi lo....
I find very little info 2000 lots on 99 and 2001..

what is it Hybrid...or the change of ownership...is it framed wood /alu or steel

I'm sure I will have lots of ???? to come but we will save them for later...

vin# 4FTCTAN21YB053774

cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:19 PM   #2

The only 22TD I can find in the brochures is for the 2001 Towlite 2201TD. From looking at the brochure, that generation has the smooth fiberglass exterior (not the ridged material).

I couldn’t find a brochure for a 1999 or 2000 that listed a 22. Looks like 99 had a 21TD, and that has the ribbed exterior, and the ends of the camper curve outward at the top (older looking design).

Looks like both use a square metal tube framing.

KnottyRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:43 AM   #3

Here is the 2000 towline brochure. It’s under the reference library -> brochures.

https://www.hilotrailerforum.com/att...e-brochure.pdf
Ultconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:24 AM   #4

Nice find Ult.

I have to admit, I can never find ANY brochures under that thread - it’s just so much noise in there.

Unless I’m looking in the wrong place....
KnottyRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #5

It's a Hi-Lo Towlite!

My'76 just says Hi-Lo, but the 2000 has both!
Navy Vietnam Vet
Bruce from Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #6

Just for Thx to all above after several months i now know....
1 its titled 2000
2 pulled windows to re- butyl date stamp on window frame (mid 2000).. 3 windows done
3 to go but its raining today
3 frame is steel sq tube
4 sides are slick fiberglass sandwiched over foam about 1 1/2 thick
5 Roof is aluminium with a few electrolysis wounds on right rear quadrant edge ..cleaned filled with lexel covered with Eternabond tape ,also taped all seams and re-cauk vents and sky lite...Waiting on better weather to KOOL SEAL roof..
6 so far I have found no damage to ceiling/walls front back cap.Interior is in extremely great shape a little dusty and dirty but not stained..it spent most of its life under roof.
7 plumbing is good and I just filled it with antifreeze.....Have not messed with 12v water supply just drained ..
8 replaced all lights with LED

well thats my story so far thanks to all...you'll been a great help
Old 11-30-2018, 01:09 AM   #7
sam

Default You have been busy.

Just wanted to encourage you. You are doing all the right maintenance items. "If you take care of your HiLo it will take care of you"
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:05 AM   #8

Thank you "SIR"...Its been a year like I never seen in My area.Been here 73y other than NAVY...Rain has been unbelievable ..not so much in Volume just every few days we get 1/2 to 1" since late august.... when normal all cotton and rice is harvested and fields plowed under...There is still cotton and rice thats not been harvested and its Dec tomorrow..
thats what I had to deal with Since I started this Project..and Camper is outside ..So all work is Tarp on Tarp off...until i Get that Kool seal primer /2 coats sealer...Now winter is setting in...our winters are mild...but I still gota find weather above 50deg and low humidity and of course no rain...for about 3days in a row..I just work on stuff thats inside camper and get them last 3 windows butyled...

Patients does come with age...tarp on tarp off
Old 12-02-2018, 06:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cva34 View Post
Thank you "SIR"...Its been a year like I never seen in My area.Been here 73y other than NAVY...Rain has been unbelievable ..not so much in Volume just every few days we get 1/2 to 1" since late august.... when normal all cotton and rice is harvested and fields plowed under...There is still cotton and rice thats not been harvested and its Dec tomorrow..
thats what I had to deal with Since I started this Project..and Camper is outside ..So all work is Tarp on Tarp off...until i Get that Kool seal primer /2 coats sealer...Now winter is setting in...our winters are mild...but I still gota find weather above 50deg and low humidity and of course no rain...for about 3days in a row..I just work on stuff thats inside camper and get them last 3 windows butyled...

Patients does come with age...tarp on tarp off
Well patients paid off got primed at noon Saturday...Got first coat of Kool Seal on Sunday noon..Plan to do second tomorrow...WAHOO