Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 09-11-2021, 03:08 PM   #1

Default Hydraulic Lift for going High

Has anyone had to replace their hydraulic pump? I have a 2000 17', replaced the battery. Wondering about what they cost to replace. I am worried I won't be able to get the parts.

Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:22 PM   #2

Smile

Jayne,

Section #7 of the manual link below will should be helpful. This link provides the cleanest copy of the manual that I have found. It's in full colour and one that is worth saving.

Lots of luck,
Fred

https://www.hilotrailer.com/pdfs/hilo-owners-manual.pdf

DunhamsDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:12 PM   #3

For those that know I have a question for you, I can't check the fluid level for the hydraulic tank in the down position so do you know how much should be in the tank in the up position?
Oldcamper7124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:23 PM   #4
Site Team

Oldcamper, you should be able to create a kind of "dipstick" out of a straw, piece of wire or something similar that you can bend into a right angle that you can insert under the battery cover with the top down. I'm pretty sure the tank is close to empty with the top up. It should be within 1" of the top of the tank with the top down.

- Jack
Old 09-14-2021, 08:53 PM   #5

Default Repair of hydrolic pump.

Welcome to the forum. On occasion some of our members have had to remove the hydrolic/lift pump for repair. Find a hydrolic repair place in your area to rebuild the pump. In the ballpark of $200.00. I am on my second HiLo and have not had to do this repair.
Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #6

Jayne,

Could you give some details on the issues you're having that leads you to believe that you need a hydraulic pump?
U4ick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcamper7124 View Post
For those that know I have a question for you, I can't check the fluid level for the hydraulic tank in the down position so do you know how much should be in the tank in the up position?
As Jack suggested, make a dip stick. After you determine you have the correct amount of fluid in the tank, then raise the top and with a dip stick that you can save, mark the level of the fluid on your dip stick. In the future, check the level of the fluid when the top is raised and if it matches your saved dip stick, you should be okay.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 01:33 AM   #8

Jayne, like U4ick noted in his reply to your post question; you should submit more details about the problem you're having with your Hi-Lo, and WHY you think or were told that you need a hydraulic pump.

Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic pump