Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 05-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #1

Default LED lighting revisited

Many of you folks have commented about changing out lights to LEDs for the interior fixtures of your HiLo trailers. On my unit, the previous owner had towed the unit with the over-the-frig-light on, which melted the fixture, so this one at least, had to be replaced. Since one fixture needed to be replaced, I cleverly thought that updating all the fixtures was the way to go. For the most part, that went just fine...except that the fixture over the frig was just a bit taller than the previous one. It didn't take long for the lens bezel to crack, and I've just noticed the switch comes in contact with the top of the frig while the unit is collapsed. So for that location I'll be picking up a different, slimmer 12v LED puck light. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...A3KV0NXIZ1MW2K

...unless someone else has a suggestion?

bdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
Site Team

Looks good to me. Whatever works.

- Jack

Old 05-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #3

Hi Bedette if you want new LED's or Halgens and sockets let me know I will send you what you need for free just postage back due that's all. I have tons of leftovers. I even have 2 recessed mounting fixtures for your ceiling still in the box.
I think I got on amazon for 2 bucks each, I only got 2 to try out, never touched them, haven't had the time.not gonna use those, don't need them. I have like 40 ceramic sockets for the led's and halogens, mr 16's strait pinned prongs gui35's strait pinned prongs,? . I don't want any money for any of it/ them just pay me back postage, after you get them that's all. see my post and there is pic of what all I do have left I will never use just got cause they was a great deal compared to other places.
mike
maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:00 PM   #4

Mike--
What a gracious offer! I'll take you up on it and send you back whatever postage is necessary. I'd prefer just one recessed mounting fixture, that should do the trick as long as it has a switch on it. I know I could get a switch and mount separately, but I'm trying to keep the number of holes I cut in the ceiling down to a minimum. No hurry on it, I don't have trips with the trailer scheduled until much later in the year
--Bdette
bdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:24 PM   #5

I also have TONS of new single/double throw switches, switches, and covers, and double and single outlets,outlets and even some left over romex, and submersible sump pump color coded red grn and yellow, 12 guage wire 44 feet of it. send me a pm with yer address and I will ship it out to you when my ssd payday on 3rd to you. make sure you tell me what you need, and how many, tho ok? look thru my post and it shows what I have to give. like I said I hate ripoffs. thieves, and liars.
like I said I have like 40 ceramic sockets and 40 leds and halogens , mixed breeds. diff flood angles, wattages, some have glass, some have plastic, som have nothing.
some are whte plastic, some are metal, some are refelectorized, some aint.

all 2 pin. 35gui's or mr 16's.
u 1 of those 2inch recessed lighting,fixtures you drilla hole in ceiling the 2 I have are stainless steel.

and they snap right inn. the halogens cool after about 5 minutes to the touch they aren't as bad as some or everyone says they are. they use more electric.
you when you get them just send me back shipping costs I will give you my addy in the mail. glad to help you. I can wire you a switch on it b4 I send it if you want me to.what type of switch would you like?I have all kinds,toggles, throws, pulls, up/down/off on startoff.
mike
Old 05-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #6

only takes 1 two inch hole in ceiling to install the recessed light fixture and it is stainless steel. they pop in by themselves after hole is drilled.