Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 04-29-2020, 07:25 PM   #1

Default Plumbing Layout 1994 22' Classic

Help, I am looking for a plumbing layout for a 1994 22' Classic. Mainly for the rear bathroom. Wash basin and shower/tub area.

Thanks

ROUGH RIDER 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi, I've never seen a "plumbing schematic" for any of our trailers. But, it's all easy enough to figure out if you just look under the trailer (for the drains) and compare what you see there with the fixtures above. As far as the supply lines go, they're also easy to figure out if you look inside, under the sink and in the area of the pump.

- Jack

Old 04-30-2020, 12:04 PM   #3

Default Plumbing

Thanks Jack and Janet. I am trying to find out which route the shower drain takes to the gray water tank. Does it connect to the wash basin drain out of sight or go straight to the tank? My basin drains really well, but the tub is very slow. I have taken the P-trap off and it is clean. I then run a snake about 7 feet to the pipe after I took the P-trap off and it came out spotless.
Are tubs just slow do to lack of enough fall on the drain?
Old 04-30-2020, 01:33 PM   #4
Site Team

That's a good question, Rough Rider, I've had the front panel to the base of the bathroom off in my HiLo, which exposed the piping under the shower drain, but I don't remember anything about it. (I was trying to mouseproof the trailer at the time.) I don't know your trailer's layout, but perhaps you could do the same thing and see what you've got there.

There certainly is very little drop into the grey water tank though.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:26 PM   #5

Perhaps it's a vent issue and not a drain issue. if the vent is clogged it will drain slower. In my '94 22footer the vent is in the far left corner.
phoneguy1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #6

Yes my vent is also in the back corner (left side walking to the back). Vent is open and the sink and wash basin drain very well. I think there just isn't enough fall to the grey tank to drain quickly.
I do have a cure in mind. Put a drain on the bottom of the shower p-trap and run a 1/2" hose to the outlet for the gray/black water connection where the 3" hose connects to dump into the sewer. I would put a low pressure check vale in this line to prevent smell from back flowing to the shower or just make sure I always keep the shower stopper closed except of course when using.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #7

Above message was for phoneguy1212. Thanks for your input.