Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 07-31-2017, 09:11 PM   #1

Default power and Lights in bath 2006

On our last trip our bathroom lights and exhaust fan did not work. I have a 2006 tow-light. Checked 12 volt fuses in front panel. All seemed ok. I could not figure which fuse supplied the bath system. Any ideas where the problem might be or how to trouble shoot?

buckrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Here's the wiring diagrams for your model year trailer: http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f51/...ry-wiring-116/

Don't worry if your trailer is a different size - the wiring is "generic". With a multimeter, check for voltage starting at the output from the fuse panel. You may have to disassemble the couch, a floor cabinet, or something similar to get to the wiring. That's what I had to do with mine when I tracked down a wire that a mouse chewed through.

- Jack

Old 08-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
sam

Default Some times fuses look good

Dh has had a time or two where a fuse looked good,,but that was not the case. Try figuring out which fuse to change. We carry extra fuses for everything in the HiLo and the truck. "saved our bacon a few times".
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #4

Also noticed the rear clearance lights are also out. Will switch fuse and then get out the multimeter. Thanks for the help.
buckrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:16 PM   #5
Site Team

Buck, I'm pretty sure you'll find the clearance lights are on a separate power circuit.

ALL your non-functioning systems may use a common ground though. If that is broken or faulty in some other way, it would explain why they have all stopped working.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #6

Clearance lights are run and fused from the tow vehicle
and not associated with the interior lights of trlr.
They are connected at the tongue of the trlr. near the battery/pump.

Jack has given you correct info for search for problem.
kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:12 AM   #7
Site Team

You can check clearance lights at the trailer plug, using your trailer battery. At the plug, use a jumper wire from the 11 o'clock to the 1 o'clock, 12 o'clock being the alignment slide. Don't forget to remove that jumper wire! I twist that jumper around the power wire to the tongue jack so I can check the system without looking for another wire. This does not check brakes. Not sure which pin will do that.
Tree

Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote