Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Cooking and Camp Chow Add your favorite recipes to our Hi-Lo community cookbook, discuss food storage, menu prep and camping cuisine.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #1

Default Microwave cake in a mug

This is my first post, so hope I'm doing it right.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 T flour 3 T oil
4 T sugar 3 T chocolate chips (optional)
2 T cocoa A small splash of vanilla extract
1 egg 1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
3 T milk

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. Great with a scoop of ice cream.

I mix the dry ingredients ahead of time and put them in those plastic freezer "jars" you can buy at the grocery store. Then when I want to make it, all I have to do is add the vanilla, egg & milk.

ANOTHER VARIATION - Mix together in a very large bowl 1 box of any flavor of cake mix and 1 box of angel food cake mix. For your mug cake, scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture into the mug and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 1 minute.

HiLo2403T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #2

Default warm cake and ice cream

I used the variation, An Angle Food mix and a Devils Food mix.
It was really good!
It did not stick to the cup, when turned upside down it fell right out on the plate.
I used a mug that was 3 inch diameter and 4 inches tall. There was enough room in the mug for a scoop of vanilla ice cream to top it off.
Warm cake and ice cream really cured the sweet tooth.
Now I am thinking of ways to make it more decatent...drizzle some warm caramel or chocolate fudge over the top, mmmm.
Lisa A Cromwell is offline   Reply With Quote