Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Events
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Events Rallies, trips, shows etc.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #1

Default 2011 Hi-Lo National Rally

What: HI-LO Friends Trailer Club is hosting the 2011 HI-LO NATIONAL RALLY

When: June 13 to 17, 2011

Where: Sunset Lakes Resort, Joslin, Il.

For more information visit Sunset Lakes Resort online at: Sunset Lakes / News / Hi-lo 2011 national rally

Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #2

Fellow Forum members:

Any of you thinking about, or making plans to attend the 2011 National Hi-Lo Rally in Illinois this coming June?

If enough of us show up, it might be fun to have a Hi-Lo Trailer Forum meet and greet, social, pot luck, or something. The Rally planners, of course, don't have anything like this scheduled, but we could organize it ourselves... after all, we do have a terrific communication tool!

I checked out the website link provided by Neal and Bev, and the place looks real nice.

Any thoughts about this?

Jim

2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Jim,
It does seem nice, however 360 for 4 nights is a little pricey. Don't want to sound like I am crying here, but retired, stock market crash, limited income.
We do a lot of boon dock camping and national camp grounds where we get in for half price, 7 to 10 a night. Enough said.

Rich

95 21TL Tow-Lite
2209TL Tow-Lite
1999 Explorer
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #4

that is a little steep for me too. we usually stay at state and federal campgounds for $28 / night
Jthiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #5

Talking

Would be a nice little vacation but i am taking my Boy Scout Troop to camp that whole week since i am the Scout Master.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #6

Cool

it does seem a little spendy, we usually stay in state at state parks for 18 per night or fed parks for 10 a night or boondocking for nothin....
Old 01-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopRichie77 View Post
Jim,
It does seem nice, however 360 for 4 nights is a little pricey. Don't want to sound like I am crying here, but retired, stock market crash, limited income.
We do a lot of boon dock camping and national camp grounds where we get in for half price, 7 to 10 a night. Enough said.

Rich

95 21TL Tow-Lite
2209TL Tow-Lite
1999 Explorer
i understand how you feel, manyof us are retired and living on fixed incomes. However if you have ever been to a Hi Lo rally, you would understand its a lot more than just 4 nites of camping.
TESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #8

The $360 is not just for the campsites for 4 days. It includes 6 meals, a bus tour of various places (John Deere factory, Arsenal Island, Isabel Bloom, & Quad Cities area). You will stay busy and not just sitting on your campsite. The rally committees do their best to keep the prices as low as possible. The main problem is logistics, campground that can accomodate this many units, food, entertainment, tour buses, etc. I know because I was the chairman for the 2010 National HiLo Rally (The Buckeye Bash) in Mansfield, Ohio.
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #9

The price is what it is, although much less for those of you who live in the east... consider the added costs, we would face, of travel time and gas expense coming in from the far west.

Having said that, we attended the 2006 National Rally in Monroe, MI, and it was a lot of fun. The planners had it set up so that, were one to attend all the scheduled events, you'd have stayed very busy. Additionally, it was a bunch of fun meeting with so many like-minded Hi-Lo owners, comparing notes, looking at the personal touches and modifications folks had done to their rigs, seeing a 5th wheel Hi-Lo, the other really old rigs (other than ours), etc. I really liked meeting John Snyder and the folks from Hi-Lo... although that probably won't happen again. The Rally was somewhat expensive that year too (in my book), but I've never looked back and thought it was been a waste of money. Putting it in perspective, its still much cheaper than a cruise, or staying in a hotel.

Incidentally, our Rocky Mountain Hi-Lo Club has voted to hold a rally trip to the Michigan UP, and upper LP, this summer from late June into early July. My better half and I will be traveling the I-80 in Illinois about the time of the National Rally. So we're seriously thinking about extending the trip several days, up front, and attending.

I'm kind of wondering if this will be the last National Rally, since the Hi-Lo Company is now history.

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #10

There will be more national rallies. You don't need a factory to have a rally, just a HiLo club or group that will host one. In reality, the rally is just a big family reunion. I personally have made life long friends thru the past rallies. I am also retired and on fixed income and I apologize if I ruffled anybody's feathers. My wife says that I am too passionate about our HiLo trailer and the rallies. She retired 6 months after I did saying that I needed "adult supervision". Maybe she was right!?!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #11

Default $360 ??

I agree, too much especially since the majority of us are on social security and gasoline is out of sight!! Take some photos and post them please.
sayhonkmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
TJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDoering View Post
The price is what it is, although much less for those of you who live in the east... consider the added costs, we would face, of travel time and gas expense coming in from the far west.

Having said that, we attended the 2006 National Rally in Monroe, MI, and it was a lot of fun. The planners had it set up so that, were one to attend all the scheduled events, you'd have stayed very busy. Additionally, it was a bunch of fun meeting with so many like-minded Hi-Lo owners, comparing notes, looking at the personal touches and modifications folks had done to their rigs, seeing a 5th wheel Hi-Lo, the other really old rigs (other than ours), etc. I really liked meeting John Snyder and the folks from Hi-Lo... although that probably won't happen again. The Rally was somewhat expensive that year too (in my book), but I've never looked back and thought it was been a waste of money. Putting it in perspective, its still much cheaper than a cruise, or staying in a hotel.

Incidentally, our Rocky Mountain Hi-Lo Club has voted to hold a rally trip to the Michigan UP, and upper LP, this summer from late June into early July. My better half and I will be traveling the I-80 in Illinois about the time of the National Rally. So we're seriously thinking about extending the trip several days, up front, and attending.

I'm kind of wondering if this will be the last National Rally, since the Hi-Lo Company is now history.

Jim
My wife and I did the UP this past August. We lived in Sault Ste Marie, many,many years ago. Not much to see in "The Soo". As a matter of fact, it's almost a blight area now. We stayed St.Ignace at a KOA and commuted to Sault Ste Marie which is 50 miles north. Definitely take the boat to Mackinac Island and plan on spending the day. The boat over is $26.00 round trip.Bring your walking shoes or you can take a buggy ride for the "low" cost of $100.00 If You can rent bikes or horses on the Island or bring your own bike on the boat, although you will have to pay for that.If you want to go into the Grand Hotel, it will cost you $10.00 just to walk in.I think the charge for the Mackinac Bridge, pulling a trailer, was $7.00
TJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #13

Default Hi-Lo Rally

I am thinking of attending the June Rally 2011! Not yet fully decided to do so! Have so many other trips planned. May go out west during those dates with my 22' Hi-Lo Towlite! I am a member of Gulf Coast Hi-Lo Club from Baton Rouge, La. I have made a total of 3 Rallies and they all turned out fun!
Rich
tigers39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #14

We've sent our reservations! Our 4rd rally! Plan to go on to Kansas City to visit a brother and possibly attend a barbershop convention there too!
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #15

Our reservation is in as well, and knowing all the meals and logistics of hosting a rally, I'm surprised it isn't more expensive. My group hosted the 2008 rally and I had the joy of attending the 2010 rally. We are looking forward to renewing acquaintances and making new friends at the 2011 rally. Truthfully, the cost of a driving vacation, accomodations and meals, I think, would exceed $360. anyways. And to fly, has anyone seen the airfairs, tranportaion and hotels, lately? BTW we are stopping at the RV museum during the trip as well and I am really looking forward to that too.

2705T
Dodge Durango
hgalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #16

I sent in my reservation in November. Looking forward to seeing new sights, making new friends, and seeing old friends.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #17

My wife and me are planning on being there..this will be our 1st hi-lo rally but are looking forward to it...
Old 01-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #18

We also plan to attend the rally and it will be our first. For all that is being paid for with the fee, it will be well worth the trip. Look forward to meeting everyone.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
TJM

Default Rally

Well, I think Jim L. has convinced us to go to the rally. Are there any Hi-Lo folks from Missouri out there that are going?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #20

Default Rally

Our anniversary week! Will be there!