Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo Links and Useful Resources Dealer info, parts suppliers, camping resources and info sites. Share your links here.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #1

Default J and R, parts and repair ( forhiloparts.com )

Introduction by Rob Laher

Located in the original Hi Lo factory in Butler Ohio.

Owned and operated by Rob Laher and Jim Seals

Providing parts and service to the Hi-Lo community.

Jim has over 35 years of hands on experience building and repairing these trailers as he worked for Hi Lo since 1966. Rob has owned and operated two other businesses for over 20 years. His father in law, Greg Stanley and Jim ran JR Enterprises in this same location up until Greg's passing last march. Jim and Rob decided that they needed to pick up where things were left and rebuild a business that serves the Hi Lo community.

This is the same location and Jim is the same person who did the warranty and service repair for the Hi Lo company when they were still open.
They have established many exclusive arrangements for Hi Lo parts and still have all the equipment to completely rebuild a Hi Lo trailer. Jim has such a wealth of knowledge for all the models of Hi Lo trailers and he and Rob would really love to let all the fine forum members know that we are here for them!

Jim Seals and Rob Laher
J and R Trailer Repair
419-883-3001
Email: jrrepair@centurylink.net

Old 02-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #2

Does anyone know if they still in business?

eddiemarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:02 AM   #3

Yes they are! Home - JR REPAIR Sometimes they are a little hard to contact.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #4

Default J&R Trailer Repair

We just returned from Mt Vernon, OH and J&R Trailer Repair. We had taken our Hi-Lo to them for repairs caused by an accident (broken side window, broken back cap, awning brace repair). We had debated about taking it there since we had no idea if they were dependable repair people. However, we were very pleasantly surprised to find out how good they were. Our Hi-Lo looks like new. We would strongly recommend them for repair work. I had checked this web site before we called them and noticed there had not been any recent posts. Well, this post is from April 2016. They are in business and do a very good job.
eddiemarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemarlene View Post
We just returned from Mt Vernon, OH and J&R Trailer Repair. We had taken our Hi-Lo to them for repairs caused by an accident (broken side window, broken back cap, awning brace repair). We had debated about taking it there since we had no idea if they were dependable repair people. However, we were very pleasantly surprised to find out how good they were. Our Hi-Lo looks like new. We would strongly recommend them for repair work. I had checked this web site before we called them and noticed there had not been any recent posts. Well, this post is from April 2016. They are in business and do a very good job.
Good to hear being that they use to do the warranty work for Hi-Lo. I've always had pleasant dealings with them.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:49 AM   #6

NEW nUMBER 740-392-1602
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:45 PM   #7

Doe anyone if they are still in business? Will call the number provided as well.
Roogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:09 PM   #8
sam

Default J&RHiLo repairs

They replaced the seals on our HiLo in Oct. 2019. J&R did our punch list of smaller repairs. I could recommend them 200%. Even though our travel time was eight hrs. round trip. Well worth the trip.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roogy View Post
Doe anyone if they are still in business? Will call the number provided as well.
I was in contact with Rob not long ago and they were still in business. They may have been shut down do to the virus. They are trying to get a new website up and running.
Amateur Radio K3EXU
Old 10-26-2020, 07:13 PM   #10

Tried calling the number and is not working?...anyone know if they are still open for parts in 2020?
Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:21 AM   #11

They got a new phone number in 2017, it is 740-392-1602. Their email address is jandrhilo@gmail.com
Amateur Radio K3EXU
Old 09-19-2022, 08:12 PM   #12

Default Status of J&R HiLo Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
They got a new phone number in 2017, it is 740-392-1602. Their email address is jandrhilo@gmail.com
Rich,
when I dialed 1 (740) 392-1602 I got a
"The number you dialed is not in service, please check the number and dial again" message.
They have been in business a long time. Did they retire? Covid would be a good time and reason to retire. This might affect my travel trailer buying decision as I have too much arthritis and other medical issues to do my own "handyman" repairs.
Walk in His Peace,
Scribe With a Stylus
Scribe With A Stylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 11:06 AM   #13

Default J and R repair is still in business

This is a reply to Jack and Janet, dated 7-15-2022

JackandJanet For anyone looking for HiLo parts or wanting to have J&R do repairs on their campers, I recently posted somewhere that I couldn't find their webpage, but they are STILL OPEN for business. I got this email today from Rob, at J&R:

Good morning Jack, just wanted you shoot you a quick note regarding JandR Trailer Repair. We had a customer call to say that they read a post on here stating that we were not around any longer. Well I know sometimes people make mistakes and I am not even sure where he read that information, but I thought it would be easiest to just update you as to our status. This is Rob with JandR ( Jim and Rob ) and we are still very much in business in Mt Vernon OH at 13230 Wooster Rd 43050. I figured you would be a good source to share this with as I know you are very active on the forum. I appreciate your time and have a great day! Rob

So, they are still open and at Mt Vernon OH. Now, I still cannot find a webpage for them so it may still be under construction. And, if you search for them using Mt Vernon in the search string, you'll get a site in Washington, which, of course, is NOT them.

I'm sorry if I confused anyone and hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

- Jack
Amateur Radio K3EXU
Old 09-21-2022, 11:42 AM   #14
Site Team

Thanks, Rich - It DOES, however seem difficult to get in contact with them. Wish they'd fix that.

- Jack
Old 10-12-2022, 04:30 PM   #15

You can call JandR's phone number (740-392-1600) and leave a message on their answering machine. Beach
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:33 PM   #16

Default Appears J & R Trailer Repair is NO MORE :(

Well, my trailer got into a minor fender bender type of wreck, where the front side panels are pushed 2-3 inches to the left. I was hoping to bring into J & R Trailer repair, but when I called the phone # 740-392-1600, it appears to be disconnected.

As well, I tried email them at jrrepair@centurylink.net, and after about a week, I received the following response:

On Thursday, July 6, 2023, J & R TRAILER REPAIR <jrrepair@centurylink.net> wrote:

We have closed the shop. We do have some parts that are available on ebay for now. Thanks

This makes me very sad for the HiLo Trailer community. I owned my 2008 HiLo Trailer brand new since 2008, and loved the RV, and now 15 years later, I am struggling to get it repaired for use again

Great3
Great3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 03:26 PM   #17

I am still offering a few items for Hi Lo and Towlite trailers : Working to set up a different source other than ebay to minimize fees etc. Here is what we can offer you :

GLIDE BLOCKS (69 REMAINING )
CABLES both LARGE and SMALL
REPLACEMENT AWNING FABRICS
AMBER and RED MARKER LENSES

I am trying to set something up on FaceBook or other to aid those not familiar with ebay. I can't always be on here, but people can send messages to me via ebay and my listings. You can enter this on the search bar on ebay and you will see all that I have available : HI LO TRAILER PARTS

Thank you and I hope this helps the Hi Lo community!!
signman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 01:55 PM   #18

Default Phone Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
NEW nUMBER 740-392-1602
That number can not be completed as dialed, it is no longer in service.
Bigrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:03 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrick View Post
That number can not be completed as dialed, it is no longer in service.
Correct - they are now out of business and are selling any leftover parts through ebay.

- Jack
Old 10-24-2023, 08:14 AM   #20

Default J&R repair

Yep, was just at the ReStore last week which is right beside their shop and noticed that the shop is no more. I was surprised, I no longer have my HiLo but my brother in law just bought one and I had told him there was a shop here. Really is unfortunate 😔

Becky Sue is offline   Reply With Quote