Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
RPM

Default 120 AC circuit not energized

I have a 31' Hi-Lo plugged into a generator. All my DC lites, etc all work. Also my refrigerator works and my microwave. Three problems:
1) I assume the microwave is on AC but my problem is that none of my AC outlets inside or are energized. I found a breaker box under the sofa-bed and none are tripped. I have not found a GFIC breaker.
2) Also nothing happens when I turn on the water pump. 3) Also, I cannot get AC/HEATER to work.
Anyone able to help with this? I'm new to the Hi-Lo world. this forum looks to be very helpful.

RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM View Post
I have a 31' Hi-Lo plugged into a generator. All my DC lites, etc all work. Also my refrigerator works and my microwave. Three problems:
1) I assume the microwave is on AC but my problem is that none of my AC outlets inside or are energized. I found a breaker box under the sofa-bed and none are tripped. I have not found a GFIC breaker.
2) Also nothing happens when I turn on the water pump. 3) Also, I cannot get AC/HEATER to work.
Anyone able to help with this? I'm new to the Hi-Lo world. this forum looks to be very helpful.
RPM, Welcome to the forum. I'm not an electrical expert but I'm sure you will get responses from others with electrical experience. The GFIC outlet is usually located somewhere in the bathroom and sometimes it is not as visible as you would think it should be.

1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM View Post
Welcome to the forum. What is your generator rated at? Try resetting all the breakers and check all fuses. Make sure your three position rocker switch is in the right position. Make sure you have a good battery. Check the switch on the heater unit itself. That's probably the easiest things to check. If none of that helps, we'll go from there.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
RPM

Thanks, Ruben. So far I realized I need to plug the short cable into a receptical close to the top on outside wall. That energized some of the plugs but not all. But still unable to get the HACV on. Also I still don't have the water pump on. I found white wire dangling unattached near the pump but haven't found anywhere obvious to connect it to. All the fuses near it checkup OK but one is missing, I'll try tracing that one down. I don't think it has anything to do with the pump because it runs past the pump. However I guess it could go to the switch. I'll try dismounting the switch and do continuity check. My generator wattage it 3500-4000. Still haven't found the GFIC breaker. I don't want to turn on the WH until I know water is flowing. Battery is new and seems to be recharging OK. Any more ideas would be appreciated.
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #5

The GFCI breaker is part of the receptacle, there could be two or even three of them in the trailer. Check to see if the reset button is pushed in. The A/C has a receptacle the it plugs into, usually in the back wall and sometimes kind of hidden out of the way. The thermostat for the furnace has an on/off switch, most likely on the bottom. It usually moves with some resistance. Flip your main breakers off and then on, sometimes they trip but the switch handle doesn't visibly move. Check those things first.

If you don't have a manual for your Hi-Lo go to our reference library and download one for a year that closely matches your model year.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #6

What "short cable" ? For the Ac,there IS a cord that plugs into a receptacle on the inside, usually in the bathroom depending on year and model. Your Ac wont function without that plugged in. Pump runs off DC- but on mine the switch is mounted on the side of the refrigerator. Heater works off the thermostat. Check the thermostat switch make sure it is on. Make sure you have propane moving to the furenace. I SECOND checking a manual.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac electric