Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Library > Reference Library > Electrical
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #1

Default Tire tore up wiring

While en route to camping site, a tire blew out, tore up the wheel well and ripped some wiring. Iside the battery/hydraulics compartment two 30 amp breaker switches (for raising and lowering?) were ripped out. Yellow wire going to hydraulic pump was also ripped out and wrapped around axel. Now I have two loose ends. I can see one end attaches to the hydraulic pump. I am not sure where the other ends attaches to. By its length, it seems to reach to the up and down switch. I tried hooking it up to a pin that looked bent (from the wire being ripped out) but as I attached the negative terminal to the battery I immediately heard the motor start and was getting spark from battery terminal. There are also 2 wires on the master switch that are not connected to anything, one wire from each side of the switch, with a wire connector laying on the floor. I'm not sure if they were twisted together or not.
PLEASE HELP!

markvanh1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
Site Team

mark, without knowing anything more about your trailer than it had a blowout, about all I can do is direct you to the wiring diagram for late model HiLos. You can find it here: https://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f51...ry-wiring-116/ in post #1.

The yellow wire should go from the pump solenoid to the up/down switch, on the side opposite the Master Switch. Look at the second pdf file in that post and you might be able to see how to rewire everything.

In the future, I strongly recommend you install and use a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Mine monitors both pressure and temperature. I would not tow without it.

- Jack

Old 08-28-2020, 08:58 PM   #3

Jack, thanks for the info. The wiring diagram will help a great deal.
Mark
markvanh1104 is offline   Reply With Quote