Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Factory Hi-Lo Parts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Factory Hi-Lo Parts If your looking for original factory parts here's where to get them

Old 08-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #1

Default HiLo with Propane appliances removed?

I was looking at this 17T Hilo on Craigslist in Texas.
https://austin.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...227222381.html

It appears the owner removed the propane appliances. He responded:
"Hi. I'm the first owner I have a quiet generator and wanted the A/c to run so i never needed the propane abd it was in the way."

My question would be how difficult is it to purchase and install appliances back into the unit? Is it just the stove that would be the issue, or does it look like more is missing from these photos? I'm not terribly familiar except through photos.

Also, would it be as simple as putting a propane unit on the front again - or is there more to it? There are not a lot of these units available, and the price seems good if I could make it whole again.

Thanks

Delray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #2

I bought a stove for 25 dollars. The Refrigerator is what will cause you the biggest headache. They can be found though got mine off craigslist for 50$ and a 150 mile round trip drive. New would be 400 to 600+. A small dorm refrigerator could be the way to go.The furnace Can be found also. https://www.amazon.com/Suburban-NT-3.../dp/B0002F6868 350$. Its a lot of work to put them back right but possible.

MrEd HiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #3

Thanks MrEd! It looks like he put a regular dorm fridge in it already. The stove is going to be the problem it looks like. Does the area where the tank goes on the front/tounge of the trailer just a tank or is there more to it (he removed?). I am assuming the stock refrigerator is propane or electric?
Delray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
Site Team

It's POSSIBLE the refrigerator is the original 3-way one. I can't believe the owner would have pulled the hot water heater or the furnace either. But, he clearly removed the stove top and the propane tanks off the front.

I can't tell if the propane piping to the appliances is still in place. If so, you'd just have to hook them up. If not, it would be a bit of a rebuild.

The piping, hot water heater and furnace would not have been in the way. I think you'll have to see the trailer in person to make a decision.

- Jack
Old 08-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #5

Propane is piped From the front under the trailer and up beneath the appliances. Mine has a shut off valve for each. Should be easy to put tanks back on the tongue behind the jack. Check for a regulator you'll need one. Mines attached to the front of the trailer. Wouldn't buy a used hot water tank.Getting rid of furnace, hot water heater and stove would give him about 10.5 more cubic feet of space, more since you really open up where they where.
MrEd HiLo is offline   Reply With Quote