Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Factory Hi-Lo Parts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Factory Hi-Lo Parts If your looking for original factory parts here's where to get them

Old 05-09-2017, 09:54 AM   #1

Default Roof material on 08 Classic 2808C

I recently bought a 08 Classic 2808C and want to clean and reseal the roof. Can anyone tell me whether the roof is metal, fiberglass or rubber. Also, any suggestions on what coating l should apply? Thanks, DC

rnclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome! My aluminum roof has a hard, pebble texture feel. There are also seams running crosswise across the roof. I would imagine a rubber roof would have a resilient feel and would be smooth in texture. I don't think you would have many (or any) seams in it either.

I don't know that Hi-Lo ever had a fiberglass roof.

- Jack

Old 05-09-2017, 10:53 AM   #3

Default Roof Material on 08 Classic 2808C

Thank you Jack. I will now start my search for a good cleaner and coating material to protect the roof. Looking forward to many years hunting, fishing and camping in this unit. DC
Old 05-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum.

We have a 2808C and it has a textured aluminum roof with several seams, running from side-to-side. I was just on top of it yesterday checking for any possible spots where leaks could occur. I found a potential leak where the awning brackets are mounted, so I applied RV caulk there. Also, on the "rain gutter" I found some of the screws that were not all the way in. They were tight, but just not driven in all the way. So, I caulked around a few of them.

Good luck!
piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #5

Thanks piperjim. I moved up here to Montana in 2010 from Frankfown, CO. Got too crowded for me. I will also get up on the roof to see what condition it's in. Looking forward to some great camping in the Hi Lo.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:35 PM   #6

I know what you mean....between getting crowded and legal weed, Colorado has lost some of its shine, imho. We're 50 miles south of Pueblo, in a county with 7K population. So, we don't complain, unless we have to go to the Springs or Denver for some reason!!

Enjoy the Hi-Lo!!

piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote