Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Factory Hi-Lo Parts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Factory Hi-Lo Parts If your looking for original factory parts here's where to get them

Old 06-11-2020, 07:39 PM   #1

Default Sewer vent pipe

In my hi-lo all I have is the fabric for the vent pipe. Is there supposed to be a pipe under the fabric?

Jl1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:40 PM   #2
Site Team

Yes, there's a telescoping ABS pipe assembly under the fabric cover (that is there to sort of hide it). If your pipe is missing it may have become disconnected at the top and has fallen down into the pipe at the bottom.

There's another very recent thread in this forum, probably in the plumbing section by a member who had this happen. I think you can simply pull the pipe back out and reattach it at the top. You'll have to disconnect the fabric cover at the top to do this, of course.

Do an advanced search for "stink pipe" (using quotes like I did). You should find it quickly.

- Jack

Old 06-25-2020, 03:58 PM   #3

Default Septic vent pipe

I had this happen to me. I fixed it permanently by pulling the pipe up, re-seating it, drilling a tiny hole through both pipes, threading a straightened paper clip through the holes. Glue just didn't provide a permanent fix.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:42 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I had this happen to me. I fixed it permanently by pulling the pipe up, re-seating it, drilling a tiny hole through both pipes, threading a straightened paper clip through the holes. Glue just didn't provide a permanent fix.
If I'm understanding this, I think you are saying you run the paper clip wire across the diameter of the tubes, probably bending the ends down to hold it in place? My concern with this is that if the wire is exposed on the inside of the tubing, it is in a damp, possibly corrosive environment due to the rising sewer gasses from the tank. I would think this would cause a steel wire to rust rather quickly, allowing the repair to fail.

I think if I ever have to do this repair, I'll use fairly heavy copper wire. I think it would be more durable.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:37 PM   #5

So glad I looked on here and figured out what happened to the stink pipe! Easy fix once you realize where it went. Lol. The fabric was stained and faded on the stink pipe and electrical bundle, so I took the interior curtain by our bed, which we've never used, and cut it to fit with Velcro dots.
apustejovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 09:19 PM   #6

Default Fabric on stink pipe

Have owned two HiLOS. Took the fabric off with a seam ripper. Washed then glued a long strip of velcro to close it up. Had to use velcro snug straps to help with the saggy fabric.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote