Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Factory Hi-Lo Parts If your looking for original factory parts here's where to get them

Old 09-30-2020, 11:40 AM   #1

Default solenoid for '01 TowLite

My solenoid went out and I can't seem to find exact replacement needed. I bought a 12V 3 post solenoid, but it stlll won't work. I can lift it if I bipass the solenoid.

tburnison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
Site Team

If you can't find a part/model number on the old one, I suggest you contact J&R Repair in Ohio: Home - JR REPAIR. They should be able to help you find what you need.

- Jack

Old 09-30-2020, 05:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburnison View Post
My solenoid went out and I can't seem to find exact replacement needed. I bought a 12V 3 post solenoid, but it stlll won't work. I can lift it if I bipass the solenoid.
Did you try looking at Tractor Supply or a similar store? The solenoid is fairly common. Did you check to see if your getting voltage to the armature terminal of the solenoid when switching to lift? There may be a fuse blown in the circuit.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:29 PM   #4

Default solenoid

Thanks for the advice.
I got a solenoid from Amazon, but am unsure if it is good or the correct one.
I can lift it if I connect the +battery post to the arm of the pump.
I will see if the wire to the 3rd post of the solenoid has current when the switch is pushed. Tough when working alone.
Could I just connect 12V to that 3rd post to see if it switches on the solenoid?
Old 10-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
Site Team

If you're talking about the post that is connected by a fairly small wire, maybe yellow in color that runs from the lift switch, sure! Just apply a jumper wire from the positive termial of the battery to it. If the solenoid closes, and the motor runs, you probably have a wiring fault in the circuit from the lift switch to the solenoid.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #6

Default solenoid

thanks for the advice
Old 04-24-2021, 03:58 PM   #7

My RV solar guy noticed my three-point solenoid was not in great shape when installing my solar -- loose and rusty. Said I should replace it with a new one because he was concerned if he removed it it would fall apart. I went to Napa Auto Parts in Parker, Arizona and purchased a 12 volt solenoid for $40.
Part #ST84. Works great. He installed 4 100 watt solar panels and 2 lithium batteries. No more deep cycle. So happy. And the batteries are housed inside. Never have to worry about dead batteries again. Now I need to figure out how to get to the hydraulic stuff compartment when the hi-lo is lowered and disabled? Does anyone know? I dont have this issue now but if I do in rhe future?

tlnovack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solenoid