Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Travel and Adventure Road trips, great camping spots and trip planning. Share your camping adventures, recommendations and pictures.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #1

Default Maiden voyage

We took our Hilo out for the first time last weekend. Just overnight to a nearby state park. It was a great learning experience and unbelievably stress relieving. We were only about 30 miles from home but it felt like a million. We met some great people with lots of helpful advice and everyone was fascinated by the Hilo. We actually had a small audience watch us raise it up. Can’t wait for the next outing.

skalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #2

We just took ours out this summer for the first times (bought last fall and knew nothing about Hi Los) Isn't it funny how people look at it like it's a UFO? I had a buddy ask me if it was for a midget lol. You pull into the campground and you feel like you have biggest baddest rig out there with everybody staring.

amountaincreeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amountaincreeker View Post
We just took ours out this summer for the first times (bought last fall and knew nothing about Hi Los) Isn't it funny how people look at it like it's a UFO? I had a buddy ask me if it was for a midget lol. You pull into the campground and you feel like you have biggest baddest rig out there with everybody staring.
Two weeks ago at a gas stop, a customer approached me and asked how we could get around in the trailer with the ceiling so low. After my explanation he was impressed.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #4
sam

Default HiLo adventures/comments

Went to our favorite state park. Had a mom and son ask if they could watch us raise the HiLo up. I could have let the boy flip the toggle switch. Magic in three to five seconds.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalma View Post
We took our Hilo out for the first time last weekend. Just overnight to a nearby state park. It was a great learning experience and unbelievably stress relieving. We were only about 30 miles from home but it felt like a million. We met some great people with lots of helpful advice and everyone was fascinated by the Hilo. We actually had a small audience watch us raise it up. Can’t wait for the next outing.
That's great! So much fun! I'm dying to get out this fall. Hopefully we will have our Hi-Lo all back together for a September or October outing. Can't wait!
TheWebbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #6
sam

Default Campgrounds closing date

In cold weather climates most campgrounds close sometime in Oct. Hope you make it out sooner than later.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #7

I raised mine up while under my carport as it barely fits when up so the ac unit was up between the carport c-channel beams and a few people asked “how did you do that and how are you gonna get it out of there?”

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote