Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 05-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #1

Default Tipout repair

Whew !!!! Just got through re-caulking the outside of the upper half of my 2704t.....I guess caulking is a lot like welding....it takes a lot of practice to make it really look good. In spite of the obviously DIY caulking job I am happy with the caulk I used....Sikaflex 1a, colonial white. The cw is a cream colored white that matches the color of my siding perfectly. If it had been applied by an experienced caulker it would look better than original factory!

Back to my original reason for posting...... on my tipout, where the power strap attaches to the t. o. , there is about a six inch section that is pouched out that binds on the metal bracket the strap goes through when raising or lowering. I'm thinking that the only way to repair it properly would be to remove the trim materials from the inside of the t.o. and use a piece of metal to screw into from the outside of the t.o. If anyone has dealt with this issue before, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You !
U4ick is offline   Reply With Quote