Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale

Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 AM   #1

Default If you have sold your HiLo.....

If you have listed your Hilo here for sale, have sold it, or taken it off the market please come back and add a post to your thread stating it is sold. You may also delete the thread you started. I see threads here that are maybe two years old and people are still inquiring about them.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #2

Default Perhaps

they should be deleted after a certain time frame, esp. if the original poster hasn't returned to the site in a year (or two).

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
they should be deleted after a certain time frame, esp. if the original poster hasn't returned to the site in a year (or two).
Probably a good idea.
Amateur Radio K3EXU
Old 09-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #4

Default listing of 4 sale

I'm new here and it is a pain looking for a sale that is still available.

Notice, when you posted your request to delete.

my view from a newbi
thanks
greenmtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #5

Default Don't delete old sales

Don't delete old sales, why? Because they help to form a data base. If the website does not have enough room then take them down, otherwise do what many other websites do. Keep the completed and old sale ads in a -- ready for it -- """completed and old sale ads""" folder. Folks can look up what one sold for and also see other pics that they would not if thread is removed. If hilo's sold in every shape and size everyday it would be one thing but they don't. So I say do what other sites do -- save the completed and old sale ads. It's normally not that hard to move threads from one folder to another folder. Pain for the mods but a sweep every 3 to 6 months or as it happens when a """sold""" is added is really not that hard to do. I just did that house cleaning on another site, brought almost everything up to this years date.

Later Tim
69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #6

I think it best to delete the old sales and not keep them. This puts added, unnecessary work on the moderators. Also, what one unit sells for in one part of the country will not be the same as the identical unit in another part of the country due to condition. With the HiLo factory closed, it is now "supply and demand". Some will say their trailer is in excellent condition - many are and many have severe water damage that they don't want to report or are oblivious to. Just like selling your house, if there is a repo'd house on your street, it affects the value on all houses on that street. So keeping the old sales is not a feasible way to price the units. This is just my opinion.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #7

Default RE: If you have sold your HiLo.....

As I'm one person's who has been looking its one big pain.

What was sold before is good if its in your area and not a year or two before.

What if there would be a date after the listing showing when it goes up for sale?
Not when someone visited add and vied it. Very confusing the way it is now.

After a month maybe take it down have it moved to a different place.

Maybe as cl sends a link for you to approve, post or delete and update it.
After say a month the add is moved. No questions asked or a E-MAIL sent each day for a week or two, to the person saying they need to take action before their listing is removed. Then they will responed or keep getting emails.

If the person hasn't sold it yet they would have to re-post.
greenmtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #8

I'm OK archiving them or deleting them.

Most people that post items for sale in specialty forums will leave the forum or disregard notifications from the forum after an item is sold. So, we can't rely on them.

If it is not much work for the moderator, for sale posts should be deleted or archived after a certain amount of time has passed (30 days?) and the original poster has not bumped the posting. If the posting has been bumped by the original person, then the clock should restart.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #9

Default moving the posts to old sales

I'm a mod on another site. I moved over 500 for sale posts (real clean up) that had been up for several years. Did it in less than 30 minutes. Now I'm planning on doing a sweep every 6 months more or less. That website rule is that the post will be moved to complete or old sales after 90 days.
Whatever I just think that it's a shame to lose pics and pricing info. I know each one is different etc, but these sales just don't happen often enough. Also the pics are still pics. Remember the search button does go through these threads real quick.
But like I said if the site can't handle storing the info or the mods don't have time then they need to go. Also it normally takes me more time to delete a thread than to move a batch of them.
Whatever the mods decide to do works for me just hate to see lost info that could be of help to someone.

Later Tim
Old 09-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #10

I'd like to delete my posting and do a new updated one. How do I delete my posting?
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #11

Default remove or change

If you look in your posting and should see an edit button. Click it and go from there. Delete or totally change it.

Later Tim
Old 09-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69hilo2 View Post
I'm a mod on another site. I moved over 500 for sale posts (real clean up) that had been up for several years. Did it in less than 30 minutes. Now I'm planning on doing a sweep every 6 months more or less. That website rule is that the post will be moved to complete or old sales after 90 days.
Whatever I just think that it's a shame to lose pics and pricing info. I know each one is different etc, but these sales just don't happen often enough. Also the pics are still pics. Remember the search button does go through these threads real quick.
But like I said if the site can't handle storing the info or the mods don't have time then they need to go. Also it normally takes me more time to delete a thread than to move a batch of them.
Whatever the mods decide to do works for me just hate to see lost info that could be of help to someone.

Later Tim

Tim,

As Mods, we don't have the rights to add a forum discussion category on the main page. Or if we can, I haven't figured out how to add it. There is no place to move the old sale transactions, so I have been deleting them only if they are later identified as sold.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #13

Default campthewestcoast

campthewestcoast
Well on the site that I'm a mod on, the sold heading was there before I became a mod on the site. I'm also not at a level to do those kind of changes either. So I understand. On another site that I'm on, that area mod states that you must leave all data there to help out future buyers and sellers value things.
So different things for different sites. I like to see the inside pics of other 1969 hilos and there is just not enough pics and data out there to think about things being deleted.
But whatever. Thanks for being a mod for this site.

Later Tim
Old 09-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #14

Default Not that it mattters to me

but I would think that simply CLOSING that particular thread would accomplish much the same IE: No more posts can be made to it (asking if its still avail - 18 months later), and yet still visible for reference, pictures, etc.

OK, so I changed from my original opinion on the subject -
(normally I'd rather fight than switch, do you remember those words?).
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
but I would think that simply CLOSING that particular thread would accomplish much the same IE: No more posts can be made to it (asking if its still avail - 18 months later), and yet still visible for reference, pictures, etc.

OK, so I changed from my original opinion on the subject -
(normally I'd rather fight than switch, do you remember those words?).
You got to keep in mind that other things are posted in addition to the item being sold on some posts that are not about the sale.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #16

That is called highjacking. Wandering off the original subject should be avoided.
Amateur Radio K3EXU
Old 07-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #17

I might add you should put a price on the ad and a location, at least the approximate area. That will get more interest. I hate to have to email for location or price just to find it is clear across the country and out of my price range. Pictures are nice too. I see so many ads on Craigslist that there are no pictures, and when they tell you to text for pictures you know they can post them. Isn't it easier to post pictures of your product than it is to email them.
I went to look at a camper that was listed on Craigslist about 6 years ago. It had a picture of the outside and didn't look too bad. He even advertized he was remodeling and it had a new sink, $2000....It had a new sink, everything else was gone, and the tires were dry rotted. glad I only drove 25 miles.
So yes I am leery. I did find a camper that day on the way back, we stopped at a dealer and bought a 79 coachmen that looked like new, but had a hole by the front door on the floor. For 500 bucks and the lights, AC and brakes worked.
I am Currently hunting a small trailer for my daughter and I would prefer to find a little Hilo for her.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
If you have listed your Hilo here for sale, have sold it, or taken it off the market please come back and add a post to your thread stating it is sold. You may also delete the thread you started. I see threads here that are maybe two years old and people are still inquiring about them.
I brought this back to the top because there have been many trailers listed for sale and the list keeps getting longer. So please, if you have sold your trailer or it is no longer for sale, delete your thread or PM me and I can do it for you.

Thank you, thank you very much!
Amateur Radio K3EXU
Old 11-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #19

Now that the forum is opened up to dealers I think this problem will multiply.

If a pre-determined length of post is set, it would make notice to the poster that re-submission may be necessary.
I would think that since most are trlrs that a 90 day/3 month listing would suffice. Perhaps shorter for dealers, 30 days.

I also think that the posts should be kept for the same reason stated in other posts but locked down for info only.

But, most importantly, there should be parameters for forum membership AND sale submissions: ie: LOCATION .....COST of item.....CONTACT INFO
These are the 3 most important items for a sale.

I also belong to several forums and this issue comes up often.
No one should have to post, to find out WHERE something is located, or how much the asking price is. And it happens often if parameters are not set.

steve
kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoites View Post
Now that the forum is opened up to dealers I think this problem will multiply.

If a pre-determined length of post is set, it would make notice to the poster that re-submission may be necessary.
I would think that since most are trlrs that a 90 day/3 month listing would suffice. Perhaps shorter for dealers, 30 days.

I also think that the posts should be kept for the same reason stated in other posts but locked down for info only.

But, most importantly, there should be parameters for forum membership AND sale submissions: ie: LOCATION .....COST of item.....CONTACT INFO
These are the 3 most important items for a sale.

I also belong to several forums and this issue comes up often.
No one should have to post, to find out WHERE something is located, or how much the asking price is. And it happens often if parameters are not set.

steve
Good thoughts and suggestions. I always hope that once a unit is sold the seller should inform the forum that it is gone. I am going to review what is presently posted and delete any threads that indicate a sale was completed.

Question: I have different functions as a moderator than other members, can a regular member delete his/her thread? I can delete any thread or post for a variety of reasons. There may be a little check box in the upper right hand corner that marks posts to be deleted, and a menu for actions. Could someone enlighten me on that.

Amateur Radio K3EXU